Baby Seat 1st Trial Run Success

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
Today I resurrected my 2003 Edin Bike Coop Cuillin HT that has been neglected in the shed for almost a year.

It now has a recycled Humax Baby Seat fitted, and we had a good wee trial run with it, although short due to the strong winds.

5586486930_43e53f100e_m.jpg

Took a bit of cleaning and degreasing to get some rust off the chain and cassette but these came up nice and shiny and not too much wear on the teeth. I had a good check over the cranks/BB, headset, brakes - all good so it's perfectly roadworthy.

I finally used the work-stand I bought in last summer sale for the first time
rolleyes.gif
:smile:. The front derailleur was badly clogged with dirt/grease and needed adjusting. After a lot of faffing and twiddling it is now changing fine, and I even managed to improve the rear indexing a bit so I'm well pleased! :smile:

The trickiest part was getting the new helmet adjusted on the wee man, but in a moment of cunning, we realised the best time to do this is while he's asleep!
5585899819_dd26e3c1b6_m.jpg

So after all that - one happy dad! Can't wait to get out and about with the wee man!
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
vishenka_34.gif

5585852251_f29ffc26fe_m.jpg

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
So after all that - one happy dad! Can't wait to get out and about with the wee man!
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
vishenka_34.gif

5585852251_f29ffc26fe_m.jpg

awww ... that's great news! You'll get some "weight training" :thumbsup: with the wee passenger on board !

Hope to see you (both?) on a CC Ecosse ride sometime soon, must get round to organising one :blush: ...

T

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
You're not kidding T... even without the 1st Class passenger the seat itself is a good few kg.

I'll be building up the miles with him as much as I can this summer.

Defo hope to get him along on a meet - last time he arrived at the RV by car ;0)

Stephenite

Membå
That looks great. I'm looking forward to doing the same but it'll be a few months yet. In fact I was pricing them 2nd hand today - 20 pound and upwards.

Have a great summer!

Top Bottom