Bad drivers - a mini rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
He'll be back. He struck me as a decent enough sort, open to new - to him - ideas. Once he's ridden his bike a few times and he's experienced the reality he will be hooked, and also he will know first hand the problems we face. He will then want to talk about this. Ergo, he will return here to do so.
Maybe.

Yeah, I dunno. Is CycleChat such an important place that someone who's actually gone to the bother of deleting their account would then go to the bother of re-registering? I guess time will tell.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes. I mean, whats the alternative? Go to YACF or the CyclingUK forum and that rabidly anti CyclingUK bloke - wotsisname, Robin Hood? I forget - will jump down his throat. Brokeradar is crap. He'll be back.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 5245418, member: 10119"]Yeah, I dunno. Is CycleChat such an important place that someone who's actually gone to the bother of deleting their account would then go to the bother of re-registering? I guess time will tell.[/QUOTE]

You would be surprised at how many do come back. But it is mainly those that have been registered for a while rather then new registrations.

Yes. I mean, whats the alternative? Go to YACF or the CyclingUK forum and that rabidly anti CyclingUK bloke - wotsisname, Robin Hood? I forget - will jump down his throat. Brokeradar is crap. He'll be back.
Or he might just ride his bike a bit and think that cyclists on the internet are a chippy bunch that he's not that fussed about and can't be bothered with.

Which seems a shame, because I, for one, have made some excellent friends over the years among the cyclists of the internet. A few of them here, quite a lot elsewhere too.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm struggling to move in the latter part of this thread for all the pots and kettles.

I'm no expert:-) but, seemed like a reasonable thread to me, someone says something, and others reply, what's new? We are all 'consenting adults'. Perhaps it's old age, but, I'm constantly amazed that 'offence' can be taken at every opportunity, see Steve Hughes, Aussie comedian, for the ultimate response:-)

Yup! I agree entirely - he comes out with a crap comment like that, he's got to expect a response! Just a bit pathetic to then 'chuck his toys out of the pram' when people come back at him!
Had something similar myself today, twunt in a white bmw convertible (perfect combination) close passed me blasting his horn, lovely! Afraid I lost it, it spoilt a beautiful day, single finger salute, and an embarrassing string of very loud expletives followed. Would you believe it, he stopped and harangued me for swearing in front of his children! Had a short discussion about how he had perhaps deserved it, we agreed to differ!!!!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
stuarttunstall is no longer an active member of CC and is therefore unable to reply.

Whilst positive and fun threads reflecting on previous members are allowed, threads questioning and/or assassinating the character of ex-members don't reflect well on our community, and on that basis this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom