Bagpuss Had It Right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I'm pretty sure that there are a good few members of the forum who have me down as some sort of permanently triggered hyperwoke snowflake libtard, but I didn't see any problem with the joke. I thought it was quite good natured. Might be my English privilege showing.

I didn't see anything wrong with it either, I thought it was quite funny and was one of the wittiest things posted on CC for quite a long while.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
It was indeed the "Welsh Wordle" joke that kicked all this off.

Blooming Nora , sorry but ffs .

winjim

Smash the cistern
Solidarity 641157

vickster

Legendary Member
I didn't see anything wrong with it either, I thought it was quite funny and was one of the wittiest things posted on CC for quite a long while.

We can surmise that the OP didn’t get the joke
(I didn’t either as I have no idea about Wordle)🤷‍♀️

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It was indeed the "Welsh Wordle" joke that kicked all this off.
I am the racist moderator :smile:
What happened was that the wordle post got reported, but no mods were online.
Then a few hours later it got reported again, with the addition that not removing it was akin to approving racism.
As, by the time I read the messages, another few hours had passed, I did sent the Bagpuss a pm explaining the reason for the delay, adding that, because the mods operate as a team, I'll wait till another mod came online before taking action.
Bagpuss sadly was not happy, accusing me of being racist.
I didn't trust myself to take the unilateral decision to delete it, firstly because we really do operate as a team in the mods area, second because English is my third language.
Sometimes I don't get jokes/humour, other times I don't think something is offensive because I don't know enough of the cultural background.
The other post, the hun one, went totally over my head, hadn't a clue of the meaning, but I wasn't on mods duty when it was posted.
I thought the wordle post was something like saying "it's all Greek to me", but obviously it wasn't.
When @Rickshaw Phil came on line, we decide deleting the "joke" would not do any harm to the forum's harmony, so we deleted it.
Bagpuss could not wait for two humans to make a decision, not everything on the net is as fast as Google!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Then a few hours later it got reported again, with the addition that not removing it was akin to approving racism.
As, by the time I read the messages, another few hours had passed, I did sent the Bagpuss a pm explaining the reason for the delay, adding that, because the mods operate as a team, I'll wait till another mod came online before taking action.
I didn't trust myself to take the unilateral decision to delete it, firstly because we really do operate as a team in the mods area, second because English is my third language.
Sometimes I don't get jokes/humour, other times I don't think something is offensive because I don't know enough of the cultural background.
The other post, the hun one, went totally over my head, hadn't a clue of the meaning, but I wasn't on mods duty when it was posted.
I thought the wordle post was something like saying "it's all Greek to me", but obviously it wasn't.
When @Rickshaw Phil came on line, we decide deleting the "joke" would not do any harm to the forum's harmony, so we deleted it.
Bagpuss could not wait for two humans to make a decision, not everything on the net is as fast as Google!

Who would be a Mod?
But point of order, it wasn’t Bagpuss who kicked this one off.

classic33

Leg End Member
Didn't Bagpuss have a thread locked, whilst Chislenko was bothered about racist content?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
But point of order, it wasn’t Bagpuss who kicked this one off.
True, but, sadly, he decided to leave CC :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh, I'm all mixed up now, had a long day!
Whoever it was, the racist comment is gone now.
And the locked trike thread was locked because it descended into a fight, not because the mods decided to just lock it!
I'd say you're not the only one confused as to who did what, long day or not.
As for the locked thread, it was easy see it was only going to go one way, past a certain point.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The Welsh wordle joke was actually very clever.
It played on the use of the recurrence of LWD in Welsh. This was set it out in the colourful tabular form we’ve all seen on wordle, whilst also being the current form chart for the Welsh football league.
It's wasn't the Welsh league, it wasn't the wordle colours and, more pertinently, it was all a bit "ha ha ha they talk funny" really. Very low humour. I'm not at all surprised someone took offence. It's one thing to ban Welsh language posts on here due to lack of moderators, but it's another level of hostility to ridicule its linguistic community IMO.

Edit to add: slurs against groups of people based on negative-stereotyping are specifically mentioned in the rules as trolling, so I'm surprised the mods even hesitated... and that a football thread hasn't been locked, because so many of its "fan" insults of other clubs are based on that!

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
It's wasn't the Welsh league, it wasn't the wordle colours and, more pertinently, it was all a bit "ha ha ha they talk funny" really. Very low humour. I'm not at all surprised someone took offence. It's one thing to ban Welsh language posts on here due to lack of moderators, but it's another level of hostility to ridicule its linguistic community IMO.

Edit to add: slurs against groups of people based on negative-stereotyping are specifically mentioned in the rules as trolling, so I'm surprised the mods even hesitated... and that a football thread hasn't been locked, because so many of its "fan" insults of other clubs are based on that!

Hostility? F*ck me.

Are you upset about the French jokes on this thread?

Top Bottom