Bagpuss Had It Right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
It just goes to show I know nothing about football - I thought Man United were being managed by 10 Hags

You think Man Utd are being managed??

You definitely know nothing about football!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
:rolleyes: Now substitute whatever race you like for "Welsh" and consider if you'd still say that these days, or if it sounds like a 70s throwback!

The Welsh wordle joke was actually very clever.
It played on the use of the recurrence of LWD in Welsh. This was set it out in the colourful tabular form we’ve all seen on wordle, whilst also being the current form chart for the Welsh football league.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The Welsh wordle joke was actually very clever.
It played on the use of the recurrence of LWD in Welsh. This was set it out in the colourful tabular form we’ve all seen on wordle, whilst also being the current form chart for the Welsh football league.

agree with this except it was English* championship table - I posted the original highlighting the championship was far more exciting than the premier league. I cant claim credit for the reply with the wordle joke, which I also thought was quite clever.

*which Swansea and Cardiff play in, to be fair.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'm quite partial to a French Fancie
1650558178134.png

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'm quite partial to a French Fancie
View attachment 641119

Not had one of those for years - a Sunday tea staple when I was a kid.

On my very first visit to Australia and indeed the first day, picked up a newspaper to read the news. Had an article on 2 complaints lodged with the Race Discrimination Commissioner. I assumed it was by Asians migrants. I was wrong. One lodged by a chap from England and the other by a German chap. This was 3 decades ago.

Same paper on that day had an article about leader of Australia's Aboriginal apex body. It had a picture of a white chap and I was surprised the paper got it wrong. A few days later found out that the paper did not get it wrong. He was indeed the leader and on checking on his background, he said that he was constantly tormented as a kid by being called "whitey" by other kids. A few years later, he no longer held the leadership and had been accused of using the organisation's funds to take his family to Ireland to visit his relatives.

I have since learnt that many things don't make sense.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm pretty sure that there are a good few members of the forum who have me down as some sort of permanently triggered hyperwoke snowflake libtard, but I didn't see any problem with the joke. I thought it was quite good natured. Might be my English privilege showing.

Top Bottom