Ban Cars from Manhattan!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustychisel

Wouldn't work, didn't read it all. You've been to NYC haven''t you Del???? Bloody place is full of cabs (and Mexican delivery cyclists) anyway. Ban private vehicles and most of the nobs would just purchase a fleet of taxis for their personal convenience.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
Wouldn't work, didn't read it all. You've been to NYC haven''t you Del???? Bloody place is full of cabs (and Mexican delivery cyclists) anyway. Ban private vehicles and most of the nobs would just purchase a fleet of taxis for their personal convenience.

The key problem is in the first sentence of the conclusion: "This proposal seems to us to be common sense". It doesn't stand a chance then.

I once drove from Philadelphia to New York to visit, left the car outside and got a train into Manhattan. I couldn't even contemplate actually driving on the island.

I do agree to some extent with RC, though. My enduring memory of traffic was six lanes across of Yellow cabs, with huge rubber bumber over-riders, almost straining at the leash to set off at red lights - I actually started to understand the concept of "jaywalking". All those cabs would still be there, surely.

Top Bottom