Bananas ......... anyone else find there are so many that look fine but are bad inside ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So why aren't they sending us as many bananas?
General Pinochet's been dead 10 years. Perhaps Chile doesn't side with Britain anymore.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I guess that explains Durianrider's attitude: he's clearly eaten too many of the "look fine on the outside, very bad inside" bananas.

pclay

Veteran
Likewise. UK stuff that's in season tastes so much better. Soft fruit i.e. strawberries and raspberries is the classic case in point. It's rare that the imported stuff bought in the depths of winter is any good.

Mind, since I buy most of my fruit on YS, if it's manky then it's not big loss. If I'd paid the full whack, I'd be rather more peeved. Though general rule of thumb is that even on YS, most things still need at least a week in a warm room before it's fully ripe. Have had plums that could still be sold to the military for ammunition after a fortnight...
What is YS.

pclay

Veteran
I can eat upto 8 bananas a day if I am not careful. Not had bad ones inside though, but often find them with their skins split lengthways- what's that all about?

Top Bottom