Bandy Legs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaz Vickers

Could having Bandy legs lead to any long term injuries through cycling? What i mean by Bandy is if i stand feet together i wouldn't be able to catch a pig! :smile: or like these brackets () hahaha., But seriously could it cause any joint problems?

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Talk to a physio, you don't want to risk any damage based on something I could say. I do see bandy people cycling but I have no idea what the long term effects are.
A physio may recommend some exercise or podiatrics that might help.

D

Deleted member 1258

I couldn't stop a pig in an entry, I've been cycling most of my life and haven't had any problems.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Make an appointment to go and see Nick Dinsdale the cycling physio in Clitheroe. If he's not there his daughter Nicola will see you but I'd recommend Nick, he's a bit obsessional on bike fit and leg and foot posture.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
When you say bandy do you mean like you were born on a horse?

mine look like badly stacked building bricks, they're very bizarre.
if i put my legs together knee's touching my calves and ankles literally cannot touch without me contorting my legs.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

When you say bandy do you mean like you were born on a horse?

mine look like badly stacked building bricks, they're very bizarre.
if i put my legs together knee's touching my calves and ankles literally cannot touch without me contorting my legs.
yeah, they are bowed. if i stand legs together the only i can get them anywhere near even, is if i point my feet as far outwards as possible.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Mine are the same; my feet need to be at 45 degrees to each other for my knees to be facing straight ahead rather than knocking together. It's not a problem as long as you take care to set your cleats to allow your feet to take the same posture on the pedals. Bulky shoes can cause heel scuffs to the cranks though.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

Mine are the same; my feet need to be at 45 degrees to each other for my knees to be facing straight ahead rather than knocking together. It's not a problem as long as you take care to set your cleats to allow your feet to take the same posture on the pedals. Bulky shoes can cause heel scuffs to the cranks though.
Yeah that sounds the same. cheers for the advice buddy ;)

Top Bottom