banking and not using your given name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

All money movements have to be recorded if over a fixed amount.
If you were a foriegn national, with an account in the UK it would raise concerns.
Used to have an account with a bank in the Republic of Ireland. Main use was to have access to Euro's whilst on holiday, without having to go through an exchange.
Bank lost out on the transaction.
Annoying as there are no money movements. Just a bank account abroad.

classic33

Leg End Member
Annoying as there are no money movements. Just a bank account abroad.
That's what they don't like though. Them first, you second.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What to people do who work for the BBC? They always seem to have bog standard names spelled weirdly.

brand

How do you use a bank account without movements of money ?
I have a bank account abroad. Which I haven't accessed since 2001 directly. My brother takes money out of it when I ask him to buy something. There has never been an electronic transfer. I opened the account and put some wages in it when I was working there. I never got any where near the tax allowance so I owe no tax.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Miss Goodbody has no end of problems with deposits and withdrawals.
How quickly does she begin to lose interest after a withdrawal.

brand

Electronic transfer also includes interaccount/interbank transfers.
Is this related to my query? Because none of that applies to me. No money left my account abroad and went into my account in the UK, ever. The money in my account abroad was used to buy goods abroad by my brother....occasionally. Generally he forgets to take the money out....you cannot buy goods cheaper!

Last edited:

brand

Well, thank goodness for that.
Your contributions to this thread are as usual worthless. You are as normal behaving like a internet stalker. A person who has a personality not unlike his contribution to this thread and many others.

brand

Sorry, I failed to make myself clear. No one, other than you, gives a toss about your self obsessed thread hijacking overseas bank account that you don't even use.
I wasn't aware that thread hijacking was anything other than normal for the middle class politically correct, like yourself. Clearly you have a problem with the working class, asking questions of those that may have answers to a reasonable question. I apologise for not knowing my place. It was clear that the original poster questions had been answered, so maybe you could explain how I hijacked the thread as you have just done.

brand

overseas bank account that you don't even use.
That, if you had bothered to read my post is the problem. Why are the banks bothered about it? More specifically, I have no doubt they would not dare to follow up anyone of specific race or religion who could play the race card. Something you and the other middle class bigost would fully support.

Last edited:
Mrs R has problems with Barclays. Her full name is Patricia but is known as Trish - she often gets business related cheques made to Trish or T which Barclays will not pay in. The only solution is to get the cheque reissued. Barclays told us "there's a lot of fraud around and we can't be too careful".
Banking with Barclays is always a war of a Trish on...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Does anyone here use a different name to the one on their birth certificate and does it affect banking etc?
My youngest son is callum James but has always been known as Jimmy.
We've recently had to open bank accounts for the children as my gran has taken to sending them cheques instead of cash.
His Xmas cheque was payable to J surname and we cheekily added a C , but his birthday cheque is to Jimmy. I'm wondering if it'll be payable or not?
Has anyone any experience?
Not banking, but my double-barrelled first name pisses off US immigration and Virgin Atlantic when the travel agent pretends the bit before the hyphen is my first name and the bit after my middle...

Top Bottom