banking and not using your given name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. No one gives a toss, you never made it as a working class hero.
So now you speak for the whole of the cyclechat forum?
You do think a lot of yourself.... maybe a little to much? Nobody has ever made it as working class hero, unless they kowtow to the likes of you and your lot. By the way a hero is someone who knowingly puts their life at risk for the benefit of others. It does not apply to someone who exaggerates their worth....yourself perhaps? And all the others of your ilk.

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. No one gives a toss, you never made it as a working class hero.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Not banking, but my double-barrelled first name pisses off US immigration and Virgin Atlantic when the travel agent pretends the bit before the hyphen is my first name and the bit after my middle...
And, to be fair, more than anything else it pissed off the school bullies at my council estate primary school.. well, that and the Geordie accent (since subsumed on the grounds of survival, pet.)

brand

Not banking, but my double-barrelled first name pisses off US immigration and Virgin Atlantic when the travel agent pretends the bit before the hyphen is my first name and the bit after my middle...
Opps Adrian will accuse you of hijacking the thread.
On the other hand it is unusual for someone to have a double barrelled first name. I would suggest missing out the hyphen from now on but it will cause you problems in the short term. Credit ratings excreta. You have to decide which is the worse, problems with travel agents, immigration or changing your name ever so slightly in the UK with the accompanying problems. Credit card companies get the information from 3 sources. One of which actually looks at names, addresses etc and will pick up on slight changes. Throwing in a middle name can get you refused credit/loans although they have to tell you who supplied the info.

classic33

Leg End Member
That, if you had bothered to read my post is the problem. Why are the banks bothered about it? More specifically, I have no doubt they would not dare to follow up anyone of specific race or religion who could play the race card. Something you and the other middle class bigost would fully support.
Why is there a limit on the amount of cash you, as an individual, can leave or enter a country with?
The reasons that banks get bothered are they are the ones "transferring funds" overseas. Electronic transactions, for which they can be held liable. That includes you paying a cheque into an account. They do not physically remove money from one account and place it into another. The money never actually exists until you get the cash in your hands.

And lets not forget the person, unseen, in a back office, typing in the details. Anything goes wrong, they'll be among the first to questioned.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Opps Adrian will accuse you of hijacking the thread.
On the other hand it is unusual for someone to have a double barrelled first name. I would suggest missing out the hyphen from now on but it will cause you problems in the short term. Credit ratings excreta. You have to decide which is the worse, problems with travel agents, immigration or changing your name ever so slightly in the UK with the accompanying problems. Credit card companies get the information from 3 sources. One of which actually looks at names, addresses etc and will pick up on slight changes. Throwing in a middle name can get you refused credit/loans although they have to tell you who supplied the info.
Adrian has the negatives of LonJOG, and my undying admiration as a stylish cyclist, thus he may accuse me of what he may. With impunity.

Banks and credit card companies refuse, point blank, to acknowledge the existence of the hyphen. When the Aged P, given name George, lived with us, his bank, my bank, would send stuff addressed to Mr G Xxxxxxx. For him. At 'my' address. Whilst at the same time sending stuff to me as Mr G Xxxxxxx and, more rarely, Mr GG Xxxxxxx. Regrettably stuff sent by same bank, for all three of us bank with the same bank, number 1 son gets stuff addressed to Mr SG Xxxxxxx. Which means, if I don't have my glasses on, I get startled by the size of my (his) overdraft. My bank card proudly proclaims my name to be Mr Gregory G Xxxxxxx. Which, of course, it isn't.

The second G is George, every time, btw. Unless it is the only G. Obvs. But only one of us is a real Geordie.

brand

Why is there a limit on the amount of cash you, as an individual, can leave or enter a country with?
The reasons that banks get bothered are they are the ones "transferring funds" overseas. Electronic transactions, for which they can be held liable. That includes you paying a cheque into an account. They do not physically remove money from one account and place it into another. The money never actually exists until you get the cash in your hands.

And lets not forget the person, unseen, in a back office, typing in the details. Anything goes wrong, they'll be among the first to questioned.
$10,000 if less you do not have to tell the US authorities anything.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
What have you been drinking?
Scotch whisky, sweet vermouth and bitters. (Manhattans) As it happens. But, in all seriousness, on the same form where you have to declare how many dead presidents, in excess of a certain amount, you are bringing in, you have to declare the value of goods you will be leaving in the you ess of ay when you depart. Along with all the trick questions like 'Are you are terrorist?' I kid you not. I filled it in very late last year. Not that it did me any good as I still had to stand in front of the damn machine, clicking the buttons, failing that test, and then had to go and talk to the nice immigration lady.

Top Bottom