Bargain or... just wrong?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

It certainly looks wrong to me. A bike with an identity crisis.

D

Deleted member 1258

Belt Drive? difficult to tell from the picture, can't enlarge it, when I click on the enlarge link the computer tries to open it with movie player. If its a belt drive I wonder how they split the frame to get the belt in?

D4VOW

dave r said:
Belt Drive? difficult to tell from the picture, can't enlarge it, when I click on the enlarge link the computer tries to open it with movie player. If its a belt drive I wonder how they split the frame to get the belt in?

No it's a chain :blush: Not really my cup of tea but if you like it go and try one out :biggrin:

hubgearfreak

Über Member
from the ad....
The Carrera brand has been on the market in the UK for over 20 years sold exclusively at Halfords the brand is recognised by cyclists throughout the UK as one of quality, performance and value.

:blush:

Tel

Veteran
Looks alright to me, especially at that price. The only thing that I think looks a bit odd is that the forks could do with being a bit chunkier.

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Tel said:
Looks alright to me, especially at that price. The only thing that I think looks a bit odd is that the forks could do with being a bit chunkier.

/agree

hubgearfreak said:
from the ad....
The Carrera brand has been on the market in the UK for over 20 years sold exclusively at Halfords the brand is recognised by cyclists throughout the UK as one of quality, performance and value.

:laugh:

Fair comment, they do stand up well in head to head reviews with other bikes of the same standard and price. The `Subway" certainly has a good reputation.

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I have decided against it, lol. It was a fleeting idea and I might still get a fixed but want to build one myself from an old steel frame, if possible. Difficult to source cheaply in London :smile:

Anyway I don't have the space for yet another bike in the flat...

SD

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Tel said:
The only thing that I think looks a bit odd is that the forks could do with being a bit chunkier.

non, it's that the rest of the frame tubes are too fat. aloomiiiniiium, you seexx(

Cunobelin said:
Fair comment, they do stand up well in head to head reviews with other bikes of the same standard and price. The `Subway" certainly has a good reputation.

i've no doubt that they're competently mediocre, OK even, but that advertising blurb makes them sound like they're up there with dave yates or mercian et al.

Top Bottom