Bargin at sports direct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cking

I was in Sports direct day. They had a duel suspension 26" mountain bike for fifty quid! I am not looking for a second bike but I looked it over just the same. Both examples on display had spots of rust on them!
Straight out of the box and rusty, that saves a lot of time! Mine's ten years old and ain't got any rust on it. Mind you I spent £200 on it.
I wonder what it would look like after one our serious mountain biker chums got a hold of it?
I think I will save £50

Rgds Cking

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
A friend of mine bought a very cheap bike that he was pleased as punch about. He offered me a go on it, i politely refused, but after a bit of persuading, i jumped on it.

I gently rolled off the kerb, shattering the left pedal upon landing. He said not to worry as he was going to buy some different pedals anyway, and told me to ride off up the road. So after the pedal braking, i thought i would be careful as i didn't want to brake anything else. So after my pootle up the road and back, i squeezed the front brake to stop. Nothing. squeezed harder. Still nothing. squeezed rear brake. still nothing. So, i squeezed both brakes really hard. rear brake lever snapped, front v brake bent.
I dread to think how much of it would have been broken had i tried.

e-rider

crappy member
£50 for a full susser, £200 for a full susser - are you all mad? Are these bikes even fit for normal use? Probably not!

£200 hardtail would be OK if on a tight budget.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
In an LBS the other week, the guy in the service department said they do agood trade in fixing these so-called cheap bikes, "they buy a bargain for £50 and then they have to bring them here to be fixed before they can even ride them... the repairs cost more than the bikes, since Christmas we've done hundreds and hundreds... It's a good trade"

OP
OP
C

Cking

tundragumski said:
£50 for a full susser, £200 for a full susser - are you all mad? Are these bikes even fit for normal use? Probably not!

£200 hardtail would be OK if on a tight budget.

Mine's a hard tail and I bought it before full suspension bikes were widely available for any were near £200...and I'm a tight git:biggrin:

Rgds Cking

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Does anyone else think people riding these bikes along the road look like this?

1344589600_daa439c28e.jpg

Top Bottom