Basic tools for touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
The heart wants what the heart wants.

12boy

Guru
Here's my tool roll. Note the artisanly crafted nonGMO boxwood handle wrench held together with Vegan JB weld. IMG_20190221_094939.jpg
IMG_20190221_095009.jpg
IMG_20190221_095202.jpg IMG_20190221_095009.jpg IMG_20190221_095202.jpg IMG_20190221_100336.jpg

12boy

Guru
I spent $1.25 on the cloth and $6 on the fabric glue. Mostly glued, little stiching since I'm lazy. I was toying with waxing it but why? It really does work well, though. I can toe strap it to saddle rails if there's no bag handy. I am clumsy and drop little bolts, washers and nuts and they are hard to find in grass and weeds. Leaving the roll flat gives me a place to keep stuff when fixing a flat or whatever. Somehow I misplaced my Lezyne pump and bought another one, then found the first, so I had to make another tool roll. When I go out of town I also stick an innertube in there, but since I have bikes with 16, 20 26 and 700c wheels I only do it when I will be gone for a while. That blue thing is a bit of paper shop cloth, which is good for abdominal emergencies.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It's a pretty snazzy rig, no doubt. Well thought out.

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
I'm a great believer in Murphy's Law and plan accordingly

I rather subscribe to O'Toole's commentary on Murphy's Law. "Murphy was an optimist".

Edit: (from the link above)
MURPHY'S LAW OF MULTIPLES
If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which a procedure can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way will promptly develop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom