bats about cats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yebbut, cat s*** in the house? Ew. Almost as bad as cat s*** in the veg patch or on the lawn (I'm a dog person myself, sorry).

must admit it smells a bit but cleaned out straight away and a squirt of air freshner

or you could train it to use the wc :laugh:

OP
OP
A

AnnaNanna

Regular
I have to admit, I would prefer an outside cat, although I would worry about the road. Presumably the house visit person would give advice on that though

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@AnnaNanna not all cat matters are straight forward :smile:
Outdoor cats will come back inside to use the cat litter: would you not rather use your own toilet than a public loo?
You need a cat litter even for an outdoor cat if you are not planning to ban him form your bed overnight ... it would be cruel :sad:
Friends and enemies will have access through the cat flap. Mice are easy to sneak in while you are not looking :whistle:
A cat flap can also cause stress for the cat: could you relax knowing your door was wide open to all in the street?
Flea treatment needs applying every 4 weeks: the cheapy supermarket one will not so for an outdoor cat, buy online, budget about £ 15.00 for a box of 3 treatments. You might get scratched :smile:
Yearly booster vaccination for an outdoor cat are more expensive, about £ 40.00 for mine last year.
My BigCat came to stay out of the blue, had him "done" at the vets, developed a personality disorder that resulted in self-harming (ripping his fur out) cost me a fortune in meds, has been sick on my new duvet, shoots only on my strawberry beds, eats like a tiger, paws me at 5am 'cause he's wanting out and bullied away the other cat of the house.
The joys :biggrin:

OP
OP
A

AnnaNanna

Regular
Wow pat.I I can't wait now :/ I'm banning the cat from my bed at night I think. Easier said than done probably. I didn't think that booster prices would vary on the cat's activities...I'll also keep a litter tray just in case, although my cat who I had when I was jlittle never used an indoor one. Quite glad now I can't get a flap!

Pat "5mph"

Wow pat.I I can't wait now :/ I'm banning the cat from my bed at night I think. Easier said than done probably. I didn't think that booster prices would vary on the cat's activities...I'll also keep a litter tray just in case, although my cat who I had when I was jlittle never used an indoor one. Quite glad now I can't get a flap!
Booster price vary because indoor cats need one less vaccination as they are not exposed to wild animals (birds, mice, foxes).
Ask me anything about cats: I'm a real "spinster crazy cat lady" :biggrin: :laugh:

OP
OP
A

AnnaNanna

Regular
You'll regret saying that! I've wanted a cat for a long time. Luckily enough I've now met someone with the money and craziness to help me have one!

I am a third hand cat and my owners took me on when their cat died. I am a very loving cat but I like a lot of attention. I'm an old cat now but still like to eat a lot. I can be a bit of a nuisance at times but they seem to love me.

Pat "5mph"

Hang on, why do indoor ones need vaccination anyway? They're inside all day!
They are prone to "cat" (genetic) illnesses - not sure of names, I'm not a vet, just a crazy cat lady ^_^ also they could come in contact with other guest animals at home or in kennels.

Top Bottom