Battle Mountain Graeme Obree's Story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_2475.JPG

I met him for a Q&A after a screening at an arthouse type cinema near me, last year.

There's the 'bike' he used.

IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I enjoyed the programme but I hope he gives up record-breaking now and doesn't put himself through that kind of stress again ....

I didn't catch what his emergency vascular problem was so I just searched and found that it was a priapism - YIKES! :eek:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I watched it when aired a quite while ago. I raced against him and Chris in my teens and early/mid 20's, and they both were 'out there' with their performance. I was waiting to line up in the IOM TT when Graham turned up on his bike. Crazy bike but my god was he good. It's not the bike, it's the rider - that suited him. He looked crazy, but we all respected him as he was so fast.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I wish he could find a team of professional engineers who could design and build a record-attempt bike worthy of the engine he supplies.

Didn't buy the snorkel idea at all, that was just eccentric.

Glad he got a record to show for his efforts, but it wasn't the record he set out to get so it could all be classed as a gallant failure.

And no, of course I could not do better.

Tim Hall

I watched it when aired a quite while ago. I raced against him and Chris in my teens and early/mid 20's, and they both were 'out there' with their performance. I was waiting to line up in the IOM TT when Graham turned up on his bike. Crazy bike but my god was he good. It's not the bike, it's the rider - that suited him. He looked crazy, but we all respected him as he was so fast.
Aren't you mixing up your Obree films? As far as I can tell this was the first time this film has been on TV (it's been on cinema release though).

Top Bottom