Beanz Meanz Lies..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Heinz beans have been crap for a long time now, ever since they messed with the recipe and turned the sauce into some kind of tasteless, watery pink substance.
I changed to Branston beans about the same time as Heinz lost the plot, and as far as I'm concerned they can charge whatever they like for their beans; I haven't bought them for years and not about to start now.

I bought Branston last week to try and have to agree. Not nearly such a watery sauce as Heinz have now.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Tescos and all other supermarkets are rip offs. They expect to be given rock bottom prices by the manufacturers then make large profits at the expense of us the customer. It's ok for them to get their money's worth but not the supplier. I don't feel sorry for any of them.

Gwylan

Veteran
Regarding the taste of the beans - I have to agree and admit that I now prefer Lidl.
But Lidl beans are smaller than the Heinz.

Sadly Lidl have not got around to putting them in those nice microwaveable and more appropriate sized potion pots
Obsessive? Me? Never!

Tenkaykev

Guru
We have tried a variety of beans including Heinz. Aldi is very good, Waitrose “ Essentials” very good. We routinely add a generous splash of Hendersons Relish to the pan which adds a bit of oomph.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Tesco's total retail adjusted operating profit amounted to £2.6bn, up by 34.9% at an actual rate from the prior year, while its adjusted diluted (EPS) rose by 88.8% to 21.86p. The company's pre-tax profit also rose by 219.7% to £2.03bn.
That's what Tesco are protecting, not customers.

vickster

Legendary Member
Waitrose essential half tins at about 40p preferred. Can’t eat a whole tin and wouldn’t eat twice in a week.
With cheddar grated over the top

Top Bottom