Beanz Meanz Lies..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just had Aldi beans on toast this morning.

I bet with a good gust of wind they can be smelt south of the border

I went to Tesco yesterday and they have moved some of the aisles around - just the ones that used to have lots of spaces for the Heinz stuff
They are trying to hide the fact that there is far less of that brand

I would say they are trying to avoid empty spaces - which would be normal
But when there have been shortages - like the great bog roll shortages - they left the shelf empty and jiggled a few thing round rather than a complete re-organisation of the aisles

I think they are thinking that this will take a while to sort out - or they are being 'clever' and trying to signal that to Heinz
either way - neither organisation is primarily out to look after the customer's interests

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Heinz did me a favour once. My trailer had just over 28 tons of Beanz from Wigan. If I'd have been empty, plod wouldn't have let me over Thelwall Viaduct as they were about to close it in front of me due to severe crosswinds and a couple of empty trucks getting blown over but as I was full weight, they let me cross....

Tesco got their Beanz delivered that day!!

alicat

Legendary Member
They aren't expensive to make yourself. That's what I'm doing when my current lot run out. You can freeze them.

Would you mind explaining how? e.g. post a recipe/method? Thanks

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It's not just Heinz beans that has changed. The tinned spaghetti sauce has also gone watery and tasteless. At the moment Sainsbury's have only spaghetti hoops, but still with the tasteless sauce.
I changed to Branston beans a year or so ago.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It's not just Heinz beans that has changed. The tinned spaghetti sauce has also gone watery and tasteless. At the moment Sainsbury's have only spaghetti hoops, but still with the tasteless sauce.
I changed to Branston beans a year or so ago.

I’m finding a lot of products I buy seem to have lost quality lately even although they are more expensive. I think they must be using poorer quality ingredients when producing things now. Rip off Britain right enough :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m finding a lot of products I buy seem to have lost quality lately even although they are more expensive. I think they must be using poorer quality ingredients when producing things now. Rip off Britain right enough :sad:

Sugar is being reduced in a lot of products (and potentially replaced with an artificial sweetener) which is probably changing the taste

Cost increases are happening globally not just in the UK

Top Bottom