Beast from the East

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
[QUOTE 5168769, member: 9609"]yes, bus travelling too fast for conditions, was the driver not aware how slippery it was?
car driver (was it just out of control or were they going for a 3 point turn) either way should loose licence, and bus driver sent for retraining.[/QUOTE]

I think the bus had just crested this hill so would have had to maintain sufficient speed to get up it. It looks like the car had got stuck on the slight rise on the other side and does appear to be completely out of control.
The bus driver controlled her slide brilliantly - not a hint of overcorrection, which is presumably what the van driver was scared of.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
20180302_144701.png

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
‘Going on holiday’ is not essential travel, you muppets. I have zero sympathy for you.

It’s idiots like you that block roads, preventing ploughs, hitters and the emergency services from being able to do their jobs.

Paradoxically and ironically; what if they were going on a skiing holiday?

Rezillo

TwoSheds
https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-e...tic-warmer-than-parts-of-europe-idUKKCN1GA2AD
https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-e...tic-warmer-than-parts-of-europe-idUKKCN1GA2AD
is an interesting read, although like all individual events, linking just one to climate change is not possible; something the article itself acknowledges.

It is going to warm up in the next few days, although we could be back in snowy conditions by the end of next week - not clear yet about that.

pjd57

Veteran
Never spent as much time talking to neighbours as I've done the last few days.

Cars all stuck in driveways so all out walking to the shops.
Spent a couple of hours clearing snow so people can get out onto the main roads over the weekend.
Big effort , and it went all day , dozens of people out clearing it bit by bit . There's that much snow it's hard to know where to put it all.
But it's got people out and talking.
Going to be some aches and pains tomorrow though.

Stephenite

Membå
Looks to have been a bit windy back home going by the snow hanging from the roof
View attachment 398264
OHHHHH!!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

This is caused by fluctuations in temperature, and gravity, and cohesion. Not wind. NO!

Gravity is trying to seduce the snow and ice on the roof - 'Join me. Join me, only togetherness brings true satisfaction.' The snow and ice molecules are saying 'As long as we are together we don't give a jot'. 'Hold on!' they say to their watery brethren, and begin to slide.

Wind doesn't like taking abrupt changes of direction, as I'm sure you have exåerienced. But nice photo.

Top Bottom