Beast from the East

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
4.5° and drizzle here this morning. No snow on the ground. Forecast temperatures rising to 10° by Thursday.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
We finally have a couple or 3 inches of snow. Just when I hoped it had passed us by!

Milzy

Guru
We had a little over night top up of about 25.152mm. Now doing the melt, freeze, melt freeze thing.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Damned salt it's everywhere! Salt on my glasses,on my windows,cutting into my dog's paws,on my door,in my mouth,in my ears,on my boots,even in the air, so we're breathing it in! If i never see,taste or come into contact with salt ever again it won't be too soon!:cursing:

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Damned salt it's everywhere! Salt on my glasses,on my windows,cutting into my dog's paws,on my door,in my mouth,in my ears,on my boots,even in the air, so we're breathing it in! If i never see,taste or come into contact with salt ever again it won't be too soon!:cursing:

Just as well you live nowhere near the sea.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just as well you live nowhere near the sea.
27 miles,so not too far away i'd say.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Had a fresh dusting of snow overnight, it didn't stick on the drive where I had gritted, so we have a clear path for the postie and any other visitors, but it's slowly melting anyway. Should begin to warm up tomorrow, hopefully.

Maenchi

StoneDog
Well it's all gone around here, just wet and dirty now , 3 days worth of snow.....just. only thing is it looks like it going to rain for the whole of March..:rain:

Brandane

Legendary Member
No snow since Thursday, but there are still no trains running! From the Scotrail website:

Weather Disruption Update for Customers for Saturday 3rd March 2018.
Ongoing service disruption due to weather conditions. The safety of staff and customers is our priority, which is why services in the Central Belt area have been withdrawn.
Current advice to all customers: Do not travel! The Met Office's weather warning is now yellow.

On Thursday, CalMac withdrew all the ferries on the Wemyss Bay to Bute service because of the weather. There was very little wind, just snow - and really not an excessive amount of that. Why do snow showers prevent a ferry sailing anyway? Being a natural cynic, I am beginning to think that some of our public "services" see the weather as a convenient excuse to close down operations.

Top Bottom