Beat the clocks to Windsor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
go through richmond and bushy park

Luke, i spoke to Sig earlier today, she's a maybe but will confirm next week

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Going through Bushy Park from Kingston to Hampton Court is quite a gravelly route. Probably a puncture risk. Not terrible, but easier to just go down the road next to the park.
Mark

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Great minds. This was the route I had just finished, which is almost exactly the same. Only adds another 5 miles to the route.

The A4 through Maidenhead didn't look too nice so I tried to minimise our exposure to that stretch of road.

Ild be thinking this is the better route than diverting that much through Thames Ditton and all that extra traffic/lights.

If need be, as we pass under a mile away, we could snoop accross to Shepperton Studios... the likely hood is all we will see if warehouses however.. Theres also Laleham Riverside we can cycle along as a minor detour whats a nice detour too. Theres also a nice pub there for any in need..

Along 'The Causeway', just after leaving St Aines, the Council, in their wisdom, decieded to re-lay the road this summer... all fair and well.. but they didnt bother with the cycle lane, so there is quite an annoying ridge all the way along that we need to be wary about.

Am not going to do the Oxford ride tonight as my legs are dead. But am still going for a reccie tomorrow morning for the Windsor bit onwards. Norm, dont worry, have fun. If anyone wants to join then please let me know.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Is that the bit going around the outside of the park next to the river? I did that a few weeks ago on the way back from Box Hill and it was very pleasant.

If its the one where you go past that big house with gold leaf everywhere, then am sure thats right.. BLING!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Not long home from setting off at half 9 this morning for todays reccie.

Well, theres going to be some um'ing and some arr'ing and some wvm avoiding to deliberate over.

Great cycle with Aperitif as always and a rather nice ale at that pub were going to for lunch, which, take note here, stops serving food at half 2pm..

Ummmmmmm...

Norm

Well, theres going to be some um'ing and some arr'ing and some wvm avoiding to deliberate over.
Any dodgy bits west of Staines, Davy? I cycle all of those roads fairly regularly but, obviously, solo so I'm not sure whether they'd cause a problem for a group. There's always alternatives. :becool:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Nope, Staines was fine..

Some tweaks here and there but defo a few changes.

Ill go over them monday when am back at a pc and can bring up some maps and.. when i havent just started downing a nice bottle of red too! Haha

Top Bottom