Bed turndown service, sir?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
We're currently staying in a rather expensive hotel for a family do (yes, the one that prevented me from riding to Llandudno today :cursing:), and it is clearly aimed at a market segment that does not normally include us.
Anyway, I have just answered the door to a guy from room service who asked if I wanted a 'bed turndown service'.
Heck, can rich people not even fold back their own sheets?

Is that what personal services are called these days... :angel:

byegad

Legendary Member
Ah! A poor person who has lost his own teeth. I believe the working* classes have this problem.

*Whatever working is.

Levo-Lon

Guru
wife will love you for ever when you take her to Claridges..worth every penny.....
And yes you do get a butler..

We're currently staying in a rather expensive hotel for a family do (yes, the one that prevented me from riding to Llandudno today :cursing:), and it is clearly aimed at a market segment that does not normally include us.
Anyway, I have just answered the door to a guy from room service who asked if I wanted a 'bed turndown service'.
Heck, can rich people not even fold back their own sheets?
Have you not been to a hotel before? Quite common. It's a quick refresh of your room, straighten towels, turn down bed etc.

TVC

At our latest hotel stay the turndown service also included tidying the room, refreshing the ice bucket and fragrancing the room. I wouldn't expect anything less

I can live with the bed turndown service although I decline if I'm in the room at the time. What I absolutely hate is the fold-the-toilet-paper-end-to-a-pointy-point service. I find that intrusive. I swear, some hotels have a sensor somewhere that alerts a butler each time you flush to sneak in and fold the end. That's just creepy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom