Beer as cycling fuel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
I've seen plenty of beer cans and bottles. Picked up a fair few when out on walks.
Yebbut fine beer? Have the idea it would usually be rather pissy lager or cider
Congrats again for your collecting , I loathe littering

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
looks less steep in this photo, otherwise i would defo had two pints in one order! first phot looks like a 30% gradient from the arch. What's the pub btw, is it worth me cycling out from Hemel, I do quite like a Landlord?
It's the Half Moon in Hitchin. Very cycling friendly pub! Lots of parking, plenty of outdoor seating, and real ale.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Got into the habit in the summer of evening rides with the riding buddies with a pint a mile or so from home, Very refreshing.

I had a pint of Old Speckled Hen a couple of miles from the finish of the London Marathon one year. Lovely and refreshing, I finished quite well despite being passed by someone dressed as an apple as I approached the finish 🍎

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
On paper they certainly go hand in hand for a nice leisurely summer afternoon.. however, on top of the fact that beer doesn't agree with my anyway, I find typically I feel great once back on the bike for a bit, until the blood sugar crash kicks in and the alcohol wears off. It will also absolutely cause you to pish your way through your water supply too.

Nice to have a few when out, but I think selling it as a fuel is somewhat optimistic :tongue:

Caperider

Found this beer in Maine , US. This past summer and found it near my home!:smile: it's a peanut butter ,dark chocolate, and coffee milk stout. Very thick and a great dessert beer.

Attachments

• 20221222_201756.jpg
    20221222_201756.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom