Beer or lager?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Rhythm Thief said:
I'll drink anything.xx(

As long as it doesn't come out of a tin, yuk!

Brock

Real ale all the way, I have the silly beard, the stomach and the steel tourer.
A wonderful traditional British craft product with no end of variety and depth of flavours. Why anyone would drink the bland fizzy nonsense from those nasty superchilled froth belching lager pumps is beyond me.

Depends on the weather: in the winter, I like a nice dark ale (think Old Peculier) whereas on a hot day I'll go for something cold and refreshing. None of yer nasty gassy Fosters or Heineken, mind, a proper German or Belgian beer that might just happen to be yellow*: weiss beers have already been mentioned, that'll do. If it's really hot, I might even do a pint of dry cider.

* Germans and Beligans do all sorts of decent beers of all colours, of course. Dunkel, anyone?

xx(

galaxy1

I'm with Lazy Commuter on this .Real Ale of the dark variety although any kind is good..or German biers..Dunkel is also groovy

threebikesmcginty said:
As long as it doesn't come out of a tin, yuk!

Tinned stuff is alright for parties, where the idea is simply to get a bit merry. But generally, I agree. Bottled ale all the way for me, preferably from a small local micro brewery. Anyone else tried the Kingstone stuff from near Monmouth?

peejay

When I lived up north I used to drink pints of mixed. Half a bitter and half a mild in the same glass. Unfortunately I've never seen mild in any of the pubs in Bristol.

Since moving to Bristol my fav tipple has to be a pint of Butcombe Gold...who's up for a pint then....my round:smile:

U

User169

peejay said:
When I lived up north I used to drink pints of mixed. Half a bitter and half a mild in the same glass. Unfortunately I've never seen mild in any of the pubs in Bristol.

Since moving to Bristol my fav tipple has to be a pint of Butcombe Gold...who's up for a pint then....my round:smile:

Mild is, regrettably, in danger of becoming extinct.

U

User169

Alan Whicker said:
Ale in the UK, always.

Timothy Taylor's Landlord is the best beer in the world.

Madonna's favourite apparently!

Top Bottom