Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Exmoor Ales 'Rugby Gold' at the Globe Inn, Sampford Peveril.
20180212_123651.jpg

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Keeping it local.
View attachment 395484
Yum, yumtus and ooooooh.
I just looked up the Damson Ale. It appears to be ultra-seasonal and rare as hens' teeth. Just the sort of thing that a thoughtful local would buy up in quantity and set aside for the next time he sees his beer-thread chums.

:girl:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I just looked up the Damson Ale. It appears to be ultra-seasonal and rare as hens' teeth. Just the sort of thing that a thoughtful local would buy up in quantity and set aside for the next time he sees his beer-thread chums.

:girl:
It's gorgeous. The damson juice, added at fermentation, adds a lovely bitter-sour overlay to the basic strong beer flavour. And at 8% it kicks a bit of a punch.

I bought it on a visit to Greys Court last week - it's an NT house outside Henley, so "local" is relative. I'm not sure that @rvw will tolerate a return trip just to stock up on beer, lovely though the place was. We'll probably visit again in Wisteria season.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I bought it on a visit to Greys Court last week - it's an NT house outside Henley, so "local" is relative. I'm not sure that @rvw will tolerate a return trip just to stock up on beer, lovely though the place was. We'll probably visit again in Wisteria season.

:ohmy: With the Stringers and the Kernel both currently unavailable, I don't feel that you are being sufficiently reassuring about my Damson Beer Shortage Panic Attack.

My order from Honest Brew has been dispatched: 2 bottles of each; Brasserie de la Senne - Zinnebir, Evil Twin - Sumo in a Sidecar IPA, Marble - Damage Plan IPA, Verdant - Bloom IPA, Atom - Neutron Star, Brew by Numbers x Cloudwater - 70|01 Double Red IPA

It'll make the week ahead worthwhile, knowing this will be waiting me when I get home on Friday :smile:

U

User169

My order from Honest Brew has been dispatched: 2 bottles of each; Brasserie de la Senne - Zinnebir, Evil Twin - Sumo in a Sidecar IPA, Marble - Damage Plan IPA, Verdant - Bloom IPA, Atom - Neutron Star, Brew by Numbers x Cloudwater - 70|01 Double Red IPA

It'll make the week ahead worthwhile, knowing this will be waiting me when I get home on Friday :smile:

That is a high quality selection.

That is a high quality selection.
I sometimes pay attention to this thread :becool:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Crate(?) Rhubarb Sour. I really like rhubarb so was a little disappointed that it tasted more like lemon and tart plums. Pretty low ABV at 2.7% but tasted stronger. As I had 2/3rd of a pint, my Keg month's tally rises to 14 1/3rd.

I followed that with a beer, one of those elderflower-into-grapefruit tasting things and rather enjoyable. Seemed like the right thing to do. The trouble is, I can't for the life of me remember what it was! But I definitely drank it so 15 1/3rd. (I'll peer through the window when I next pass and remind myself.)

I then accidentally strayed onto sour territory again with a Chorlton Rye Saison. Tangier and more sour than the rhubarb sour I'd had before. A pleasing little concoction but not one to rush. 16 1/3rd.

And back to beer again, a Brick Peckham Pale. It had that fruity front with a dry, dark bitterness in the aftertaste. To remove that bitterness, of course, you take another mouthful. I think that's the trick of beer because pretty soon there's nothing left in the glass. 17 1/3rd.

Almost accidentally I ended up with a free can of beer, a Hop Stuff Arsenal Pale Ale stuffed into my jacket pocket on the way hom. I'll investigate. My drinking companion ended up with a wonky can of Hop Stuff's 4 hour session so he didn't end up feeling left out. Plus, he had something for his train journey home.

Top Bottom