Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My order from Honest Brew has been dispatched
And it's arrived (2 days before it was due to arrive, well done Yodel) - such a pity I am 120 miles away from it...

stephec

Legendary Member
Well first it was the grapefruit IPA, which I didn't much like, it tasted a bit soapy. Then dinner, which overlapped a bit (couscous and veg in lemon juice and tarragon). Then the wheat beer, which is as reviewed a few years ago, i.e., very nice. Next it's dessert - egg, egg. :smile:

I was about to post the same thing.

A very hazy citrus flavour without any sharpness to it, and not very well carbonated.

Top choice in eggs though.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm having a night in after last night's drinking to excess. But I still had to crack open a LiDL bottle of Radical Road, out of ''Stewart Brewing''. I've had it before but and it's a pretty complex taste but tonight's seems to have a strong taste of basil that I've never really noticed before. Now, once you get an idea like that into your head, you simply can't get it out of your head. So, if anybody has a nearby discounter and a spare £1.30 or so for a 6.4% triple hopped pale, would they please try it and do the basil test. If it's just me, I may have to meet my own personal destiny in the vat of tomato soup where I apparently belong.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Well first it was the grapefruit IPA, which I didn't much like, it tasted a bit soapy. :smile:

Me and the lad did a blind tasting of Elvis Juice, Twisted and Magic Rock High Wire. He picked out the High Wire as his favourite, I went for the Twisted.

I'm having a night in after last night's drinking to excess. But I still had to crack open a LiDL bottle of Radical Road, out of ''Stewart Brewing''. I've had it before but and it's a pretty complex taste but tonight's seems to have a strong taste of basil that I've never really noticed before. Now, once you get an idea like that into your head, you simply can't get it out of your head. So, if anybody has a nearby discounter and a spare £1.30 or so for a 6.4% triple hopped pale, would they please try it and do the basil test. If it's just me, I may have to meet my own personal destiny in the vat of tomato soup where I apparently belong.

Unfortunately, now you've put that idea into my head I'm sure the Basil test will be positive.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
IMG_20180213_210824780.jpg

Apart from the Morocco, an old-fashioned strong sweet beer I've noted before this was mildly disappointing. The smokeless, supposedly flavoured with chipotle, was shy and retiring. The HtD was a sour brewed with raspberry (evident) and dry "hopped" with chocolate (not evident). I'd fantasised something with depth and sweetness to balance the sour and fruit. I'm still imagining.

This is almost the last of my stash from last autumn, and it's time for me to suspend boozing.

It's Cloudwater's birthday and my local has a keg of the birthday DIPA

20180214_180641-COLLAGE.jpg

:hyper:

U

User169

I voted "I'm not paying for it"

For me it’s more than that:

1. Will it be lambic? I assumed Chorlton worked with defined cultures. Are they proposing to go spontaneous?

2. Canning lambic makes no sense.

3. Lambic is the ultimate “terroir” product. They should work with their own, not someone else’s.

More than that though, Lambic brewing really nearly went extinct in the 1980s 1990s. Owing to the heroic efforts of people like Frank Boon, Jean van Roy (and his dad), Armand Debelder (and his dad) and discerning importers from the US, it just survived. Now those people are finally getting recognition and tentatively expanding.

If Chorlton think they’re going to try and get some of that action, quite frankly they should fark the fark right farking off. I can only hope this is a shite joke gone wrong.

Just in case though, they’ve gone right to the top ofthe list of breweries that I boycott.

Top Bottom