Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Speaking of Cloudwater, less than 3%, but bags and bags of flavour. Quite spicy too - a combination of the rye and yeast I guess (brewed with Lallemands new NE yeast). Slight touch of armpit juice (which I quite enjoy).

Cheers to @MossCommuter

262EF9F1-85C7-47AB-B3BD-492DFD37412D.jpeg

U

User169

The beer or me?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Liquid bounty bars, liquid flapjacks and armpits, your flamboyant literary style is on top form, DP!

Good isn’t it! Beautifully balanced - liquid alcoholic bounty bars.

This is even better. Two hops that always give a strong orange marmalade flavor. Sticky oaty sweetness, but some chinook pine at the end.

Liquid flapjacks. Lovely stuff.

Again, thanks @MossCommuter

View attachment 396151

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Nothing exotic tonight. I started with a Dartford Wobbler Premium, slightly darker than a golden ale, which had a really enjoyable and old-fashioned maltiness. I commend it to the house. I think that was 18 1/3 for the month.

Followed by a Brew Buddies (they're a Swanley lot, just a wobble away from Dartford) UK Hop Pale. Bit cloudy, fulsome and fruity front but a woody taste where I was expecting that hoppy after bitterness. And darker than you'd expect a pale to be. Mind, I've had lighter porters and darker lager, so I'll forgive them.

Finished with a 3 Sods Brewery's Golden Ale called Leapyear (Yeast London). Funny old ale that seemed to tick a lot of boxes without being quite right for my taste. Apart from the colour, that is. That conformed to specifications. Despite the good end, it was always disappointing at the very front.

My slightly wonky balance sheet for the month seems to add up to 21 1/3 new beers for the month. That means I've tried over 50 new pints this year.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Not your average Devon pub crawl: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-43056769

Are TVR still going. How many times have they risen from the ashes. I've a mate owns a TVR, he has the breakdown company on speed dial.
I think a Russian oligarch bought the name and had plans to set up in Lytham. An old workmates son worked for the original in Blackpool and was hoping to be taken on but I don't think anything came of it

Top Bottom