Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
A very pleasant late afternoon spent in Glossop's poncy beer emporoum

Magic Rock Grapefruit High Wire.

View attachment 396500

But knocked into a cocked hat by Verdant Track and Field IPA which is strongly rexcomended

The sesh was rounded off nicely by finding they had a few bottles of Tiny Rebel Hadouken which is my fave beer.

You've done your nails lovely NB.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Finnish Stout, pretty good too. 8 pershent hic...

20180218_184243.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've been out sampling again. A High Weald Chronicle, my favourite of the evening, molto maltissimo, which reminded me of the malt extract I was given as a child (the only enjoyable thing I was ever given that was supposed to be good for me. Well, we'd get a bottle of Lucozade wrapped up in orange foil, but we'd have to be really ill for that). Fuggles and Goldings.

Then a Brew Buddies PA03, subtitled Cascade Sybilla Pale. Confused fruitiness at the front, rapidly moving on to a lingering taste of grapefruit pith. I didn't think it was well done.

Finished with a Larkins' Green Hop. Medium dark, rich and rewarding, but not quite up to Chronicle standards. It says on their website that the beer is only brewed for a couple of short weeks in October, using hops picked that very day. Surprising to find it in mid-February. A good beer, I reckon.

23 1/3.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
How did you get on?
I did have a couple of swift halves in de Wildeman which was one of many dark and atmospheric bars I frequented. A couple in Jordaan are particularly fine and Tomaz bar near the Wildeman.
Thanks.

Last edited:
U

User169

Does that mean cloudwater prices will drop by 20%? Somehow I think not!

It’s an interesting one for the craft beer scene since it tries to justify high costs partially on the basis of high ingredient, especially hop costs.

A friend of mine who works for a uk craft brewery says they’re getting loads of hop salesman trying to dump hops atm.

Top Bottom