Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
To fortify myself for what lies ahead tomorrow, I have hit the beer:

image.jpeg

An intensely hoppy, ruby red ale, states the blurb on the bottle. Rather good it is too. Made in small batches on Orkney.

They're saying it's Britain's best new brewer. Burnt Mill, Green Path.

Hoppy, modern, a little malt which is perfect. Bright too but with a flavour that might make one think of murky.

Get some

View attachment 396894

Happily unarmpitty
What happened to you Mossy, what happened......

Wetherspoons standard beer (below 5%) : £2.30
Wetherspoons premium beer (5% to 5.9%) : £2.50
Wetherspoons super-premium beer (6%+) : £2.95

View attachment 105182

Mossy's beeronomics

What happened to you Mossy, what happened......
That was posted in September 2015.

Back then quality beer in a can was science fiction, key-kegs added about £2 per litre to the landed cost of the beer inside. Cloudwater Brewing Company was just a few months old, Dry & Bitter only a couple of months older. The Shindigger boys weren't even born (probably). Track Brewery still had stabilisers. The Prairie Schooner Tap in Urmston had only opened in the November before and were still finding their feet. The Assembly in Urmston was still Eddie McGrath's bicycle shop.

It wasn't Mossy that changed

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

Back then quality beer in a can was science fiction, key-kegs added about £2 per litre to the landed cost of the beer inside. Cloudwater Brewing Company was just a few months old, Dry & Bitter only a couple of months older. The Shindigger boys weren't even born (probably). Track Brewery still had stabilisers. The Prairie Schooner Tap in Urmston had only opened in the November before and were still finding their feet. The Assembly in Urmston was still Eddie McGrath's bicycle shop.

I still can't quite get my head around ''quality beer in a can .''

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Tonight's drinkable duo started with an Arbor Citra - a Brizzle brew, pure refreshing grapefruit juice masquerading as beer. A very good thirst quencher that makes the world feel a little bit sunnier.

Followed by a Siren Calypso, only 2/3rd of a pint because it's a sour beer and I'm doing this for pleasure. A little bit of après bu research tells me that it's a Berliner style sour and that each batch uses different hops for dry hopping, so if anybody ends up trying it, it might be a completely different beer. That said, nice and dry, drinkable but not particularly remarkable.

The guy who served me told me that Hop Stuff Brewery, who set the Taproom up, are beginning to have difficulty meeting demand, which no doubt explains why they only had 2 of their beers on sale. He also mentioned a Northern Monk Heathen while we were discussing random beeraphernalia and he offered me a sample glass. So 2 sips; a really in-your-face introduction with the first, an old friend with the second. They only have one barrel on and tomorrow's a busy day for them so decisions, decisions.... It's a beer that's really worth trying.

So 1 2/3rds tonight takes me to 25. All within a mile radius.

stephec

Legendary Member

Eddie McGrath's has closed?

Top Bottom