Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cloudwater x Beavertown

Silly names galore!

Not only is the beer called "Good Night, Future Boy", they've decided it's IPL (Indian Pale Lager)

20180223_165528-COLLAGE.jpg

I have no idea what Beavertown did. Maybe they paid for the malt

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Been to the Bradford Beer Festival today, at the Victoria Hall in Saltaire.

Star turn of the day, indisputably, was Sunbeam Ales White Choc Pale Mild at 4.2%.
Which is a pale mild with white chocolate tones, funnily enough.
It sounds like it shouldn't work, but it does. The white chocolate aroma makes you suspect it might be sickly sweet, but it's not - it's just very, very drinkable.

In fact, after leaving the Beer festival and walking down to the legendary Fanny's Ale House they had it on draught there, so I had another pint.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Been to the Bradford Beer Festival today, at the Victoria Hall in Saltaire.

Star turn of the day, indisputably, was Sunbeam Ales White Choc Pale Mild at 4.2%.
Which is a pale mild with white chocolate tones, funnily enough.
It sounds like it shouldn't work, but it does. The white chocolate aroma makes you suspect it might be sickly sweet, but it's not - it's just very, very drinkable.

In fact, after leaving the Beer festival and walking down to the legendary Fanny's Ale House they had it on draught there, so I had another pint.
I had an Adnams ''Little White Lies'' pint a couple of weeks ago. It said it was a White Chocolate Porter. But they'd done the same ''make it pale'' trick. Very light and dry hint of chocolate beans, so subtle I thought I'd been given the wrong beer and I was imagining the chocolate taste. If I remember correctly, what with all the ''why's my porter pale?'' confusion, it was actually a pretty good beer, just completely different from what I thought I'd just ordered.

Dialogue from my day

"Yes, sir. Do you know what you want?"
"Yes, I don't like anything too hoppy or fruity a I'll have the Citra, Centennial Columbus IPA please"
"Are you sure sir, not the Torrside?"
"Errm. Yeah. The Torrside please"

:sad:

U

User169

Dialogue from my day

"Yes, sir. Do you know what you want?"
"Yes, I don't like anything too hoppy or fruity a I'll have the Citra, Centennial Columbus IPA please"
"Are you sure sir, not the Torrside?"
"Errm. Yeah. The Torrside please"

:sad:

It’s like the places I go where peeps demand a long explanation of the 20 taps available. They inevitably order a leffe blonde.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Tonight I concluded the month of Keguary, all (insofar as I remember) in Deptford.

I began with a High Weald Mosaic Pale. No armpits detected in this one. But it was nowhere near my favourite Mosaic, it had a slightly grubby taste mix. Disappointing; I've had some rather good High Weald beers.

Next came a beer chalked up as a Mordue Allelic Drift. Closer inspection of the pump label claimed that it was a Panda Frog Brewery New World Golden Ale. Perusal of the website says that it's a Mordue Brewery's Panda Frog Project beer. With such confusion it just has to be a craft ale. You know those tropical fruit juice mixes, with about 5 different fruits and you never know which fruit is up in the mix. Well, anyhow, mango and pineapple are my best 2 guesses for this beer. But it moved into a strong acerbic bitterness at the end, thus driving the beer's helpless victim to take another gulp to wash away the bitterness. A true rollercoaster for the mouth. I'm going to describe it as a journey beer, mostly because that's what it's like drinking it but it does also come from the Knor Feast of England.

I finished with a black IPA out of Brew Buddies. Nicely done, even though I still haven't figured out how black can be pale. None of the astringency of Mordue's experimental mentals, drinkabubble.

28. Presently warming down with a can of lager!

Top Bottom