Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Screenshot_20180323-194808.png

Eek

U

User169

Exactomundo Mossy. The internets are jittery in the wake of SESTA. The beer trade reddit has now disappeared.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
After being impressed by Fourpure last night, I discovered today that their Tap Room is only a couple of eminently cycleable miles away. They're only open Friday and Saturday, so that's my Friday night sorted. I shall have to be disciplined, though, there's a ''beer feast'' just around the corner on Saturday.
I got to their tap room this evening and tried a Fourpure APA. They really have that rounded fruitiness thing sorted! @Maverick Goose mentioned their Flatiron Red on another thread, so I tried it out as well. Similar fruitiness, a little muted at first but it developed an enjoyable taste of aniseed. On account of fatigue and an empty stomach, I decided that 2 was enough for the rest of the ride home. But I got a couple of cans of their Easy Peeler, a citrus session IPA, to stick in the pannier. I should have bought 3 cans to take me to 85 but I'll have to stop at 84 2/3. It is what is says it is, a citrus session beer, so no problems under the trade descriptions act. Dryer than the Fourpure's I've tasted so far with the fruit flavour closer to bitter lemon than hops but it does seem to go down well.

I'm going back to that taproom.....

U

User169

Anything with the word 'trade' in it? Sounds like another case of the Sdaffodilthorpe problem.

As I understand it, it’s cos the site owners can now be on the hook for the actions of users. Sending beer over state lines was always known to be a bit a bit dodgy, so it’s not surprising I guess that it’s gone. The cigar trade and gun deals subreddits have also gone.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Have to say that the Titanic is excellent, not normally my thing but am a bit of a convert.
They did a Special Reserve version...woahhhh seriously rich, dark and fruity ;):cheers:. I've only seen it on tap once, at Tweedies in Grasmere just before Christmas-I live in hope of a bottled version!:addict:. I was also really pleased to see Theakston's Old Peculiar (this is to strong dark beers what BoRap is to epic rock tracks) on tap at the Dog & Gun in Keswick. The 'spoons in the old courthouse is well worth a visit too if you're in these parts.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Just a passing local beer observation: if their prices don't use £ signs, it's a craft beer. (Or they can't find the sign on their keyboards.) Generally it's just numbers, like 4.5 or 7.1.

Is that the same throughout the UK?

U

User169

One of my own. A spelt saison fermented with a blend of six Brettanomyces strains. My notes are a little hazy on what exactly went down, but it seems to have been dry hopped with mosaic and Nelson Sauvin. Not entirely sure when it was bottled, but six months ago I guess.

Seriously nice looking beer and just shy of 8%. Very juicy - pineapple and mango - but also very dry, funky and a bit medicinal. The head disappears very quickly unfortunately.

I wish I had more of this left. I think I drank too much of it young when it wasn’t so good.

11FF90EF-E63A-49EA-966D-D67F71B7CBCE.jpeg

Just a passing local beer observation: if their prices don't use £ signs, it's a craft beer. (Or they can't find the sign on their keyboards.) Generally it's just numbers, like 4.5 or 7.1.

Is that the same throughout the UK?
Posh (expensive) restaurants do it too

Another clue is the absence of capital letters

Top Bottom