Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And finally (for now)

The Garden Brewery, Croatian Imperial Stout. A 10.3% blockbuster with a list of adjuncts as long as my arm.

Sweet, dense, dark, fruity, cakey, boozy. As good as any dessert wine I've ever had. Wonderful

IMG_20180324_160919.jpg

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Ok, one more then

Siren Craft, Caribbean Chocolate Cake

I was a bit hasty in my initial judgement thinking it thin and uninteresting but as it flattens and warms it's totally what it says on the tin.

They shouldn't have kegged it.

View attachment 401373

Only 7.4%
I also prefer my dark beers that bit warmer. I hate cold beer as it kills the taste buds.

Very jealous as that's one of theirs I've always wanted to try.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Had 2 nice sessions on Humpty Dumpty 3.9% nice ale

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Right, a round the corner beer feast seems to have occurred. First drink was an Inception (seemed appropriate to me), an American PA style beer from Fourpure. It worked well, lightly hoppy and fruity. Then a Northern Monk Heathen shared with another of their New World IPAs. Heathen was good with a citrus tang while their NWIPA was fruity in an American way.

My fellow booze cruiser needed the lavabo, so a trip to Villages microbrewery just along the railway arches. She had an Oboe porter while I sampled a Tasman Sea IPA, which supplied at least 3 of my 5 a day fruit. She was getting black tea and coffee from her porter, I was only getting coffee. Meanwhile, I was getting mango from my Tasman Sea. ''No, I'm not getting mango'' she said. Then she burped. ''My god'' she said as she reevaluated the burp, ''pure mango, what a subtle palate you must have!'' :wacko:

The return from the arches led us to the queue at Gypsy Hill brewery's stall in search of their milk stout that had been recommended by passing queueistas earlier on (Gypsy Hill's motto is ''Drink beer and talk to people.) When we got to the front of the queue, the milk stout, with its alleged banana tones, had finished, so we each had a half of their spring sour. Not a full in-your-face sour, just like a lot of unsweetened lemon in a lager. ''It doesn't taste like beer.'' was my companion's comment.

We finished with Captain Cage's Mandarina from Canopy. Bitterest by far of the day's samplings, it was also agreeably fruity, it travelled well along the tastebuds.

3 2/3 to add to the beer accumulator.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
What's an SPA? I just drank a Wylam Swipe Right and the tap label said it was an SPA. Their website says it's a ''smashed juice session pale. I make that an SJSP. Anyhow, a real fruit bomb. But after getting a whole load of fruity beers yesterday I was way over my 5 a day so, while it was an enjoyable beer, I was a little weary of the front-loaded tastes, I moved on to a Porterhouse Stout. This combination of lightly fruity at the front followed by a gentle but lingering bitterness, boot polish and black coffee, was just what I needed. That's another 2 to add to the pissed list.

90 1/3

Last edited:
Beerpeeps, I am off to Ghent this weekend for beer and bike racing; any bars to recommend or beers to look out for? I fancy trying out the University area this year and am not familiar with it, but students and beer usually mix well

Top Bottom