Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I have a bit of a dilemma. I know this is a beer thread but I reckon there's a case for allowing hopped mead as one of my one a days? Hopped, so it's simply a way of luring non-beer drinkers into BEER. And served on tap, like a BEER. Honeyed, pretty sweet and light on the hoppiness. Gosnell's - a Peckham outfit.

So beer people, can I class it as a new beer? I've looked for the mead thread but couldn't find it.....

Last edited:

The teen and I and @Skuhravy went to a most splendid Jeffrey Lewis and Los Bolts gig last night, and the venue had Roosters Yankee on tap. Well, it would have been rude to say no... A touch cloudy (we got the last couple of pints I reckon) but blooming tasty.

Then I had another pint of something else but (forgive me comrades for I have sinned) I don't actually know what it was apart from nice 'cos I didn't go to the bar and Jeffrey was playing something loud when I was handed it...

Daddy Pig

Veteran
This is very different... Had it maturing for a few months...
IMG_20180408_200834.jpg

On second inspection I love it!

U

User169

More from Alvinne. Aged on Sauternes barrels. Woody vanilla all over this. Delish.

2F1AEC2D-FB4C-411F-ADBE-DC536A124B9A.jpeg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
3 new ones for me.

Hop Star Chilli Beer. A solid bitter with a mild hint of chilli that builds as you booze without taking over. Enjoyable.

A VOG (Vale of Glamorgan - I had to ask) Lady of Liberty. It was sitting there right next to the Slater'sTop Totty. Another bitter, slightly more rounded in taste than the Hop Star.

Finally, a Dow Bridge Ratae'd (I just pointed at the pump, it seemed the easier option), a Leicestershire bunch. Fairly dark beer that likes to do a fruit and malt tap dance in the middle to back regions of the palate. Their site says it has a bittersweet finish. I say it has a sweetbitter finish.

Top Bottom