Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveF

I went a bit Brewdog.....

IMG_20180805_163705.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I sampled a couple of new or fresh batch BBNo beers yesterday.
A Red Berry Sour (13|37?) Not highly raspberry-flavoured, there was more of fruit like loganberry and cranberry to it. Their board outside describes it rather well...
P1000446.JPG

P1000442.JPG

A Citra Pale (21|05). BBNo seem to have made strong and clear hop flavours a feature of their beers. I reckon it's a good way of getting a sense of what each hop tastes like. This one tastes like....citra!
P1000445.JPG

Then homewards to Deptford for a Kent Brewery session pale. Well, I was there mostly for food but they stop serving food at 6pm on Sunday. A nice, very pale and light beer.
P1000447.JPG

When I take pics most of my beers appear to be left-leaning. I'm not sure I really want to correct that.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I am quite near Bath, yes. Not found any good booze shops yet. Quite a few cider shops!
I used to order cider from the Cider Shop in Brizzle...I'd be very very surprised if there aren't any good beer shops there. Oh and Odell (Colorado) and Oskar Blues (Carolina) are both well worth a punt:cheers:

Pembrookes brewery, Battersea, Rye pale brewed with nitro! Smooth like a Guinness, tastes like a Rye. It's good.

View attachment 422639

Sambrooks are pukka-I've sampled their beers in the Lamb near the British Museum recently, they also do own brand beers for M&S IIRC.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
IIRC it's their beer we were drinking in The Knott by Deansgate after the Manc-Pool FNRttC. @Andrew Br will confirm or deny. It was a pale ale tho, not a gose, and wasn't bad at all.

Looking back at my FB posting from that pub trip TC, I was drinking Lakeland Gold from Hawkshead Brewery. I can't remember if you had the same and I also can't remember if we had one or two beers.
In my defence for the lack of recollection, I had been awake all night and crucially, we'd been drinking with wanda2010.

Maverick Goose

Looking back at my FB posting from that pub trip TC, I was drinking Lakeland Gold from Hawkshead Brewery. I can't remember if you had the same and I also can't remember if we had one or two beers.
In my defence for the lack of recollection, I had been awake all night and crucially, we'd been drinking with wanda2010.
Not all who wanda are lost...:cheers:;) I've been working my way through a load of Red Willow Sleepless (Red Rye IPA, nutty, malty and hoppy) discovered in Yellow Sticker Land, along with Nikita Season 2 (manvana!:okay:).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arS1sNWBGZM

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've just had 3 Duvel Tripel hop. That's what tripel means, right?

Maverick Goose

I've just had 3 Duvel Tripel hop. That's what tripel means, right?
Tripel also refers to a strong Trappist style beer around 9-10%. They love their strong beers in that part of the world! My recent samplings include Isle of Bute Jinty Bell Stout (nicely balanced, full bodied...woof woof basically:cheers:) and Fyne Ales Jarl (if there had to be only one , this hoppy pale would probably be it-it's one of the very best session beers around). More culture vulturing in Embra on Friday, so I'm sure there'll be a few Fyne Ales on tap somewhere in toon. I also thoroughly recommend St Andrews' Brewing-Fife gave us the Proclaimers and also these guys. The Mocha Porter and Bramble IPA are some of my favourites, along with the Gold, which clocks in at a more sessionable strength. They have a place in Potterrow which isn't too far from Waverley station as the jakey stumbles;)...

Maverick Goose

On the guest list in my local this lunchtime was Thornbridge brewery Lord Marples. A very nice ale from Bakewell, Derbyshire . I just had to sample it 3 times!

View attachment 423397

Lord MarplesClassic British Bitter

Surprisingly smooth with light toffee and caramel characters, a mixture of floral and spicy hop notes
When I worked at Hartington Hall, we had that on tap regularly...it's pukka stuff:cheers:. The Packhorse in Little Longstone (near Monsal Head) is also a fine watering hole if you're in that part of the world. Be warned, the interior is, er, cosy, but the beer garden is a lovely spot to sit on a sunny day. Yesterday I cracked open a bottle of Wild Beer Tom Yum Gose, which sounds pretty off the wall but was a winning combination of spiciness, fruitiness and salty umami punch (Tom Yum is a spicy Thai curry paste btw).

Top Bottom