Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
View attachment 423996
A selection from the Lidl craft beer range.
Will make a start on them tomorrow, but surely I can't go wrong at 99p each?
I don't think I've seen the Red Rye Captain one on local shelves. I wonder whether there's a regional difference because the Plunged Orange Pale isn't in your picture but they sell it here. I like it - it's what I think of as a fun beer.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I've tried a few of them, they are OK for a cheap beer without blowing my mind but highly quaffable all the same...
My home drinking strategy (such as after a long bike ride) is to kick off with a cheapish beer like the above before moving on to fancier stuff. First one is always gone in a few minutes so, within reason, any beer-shaped-object will do

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I don't think I've seen the Red Rye Captain one on local shelves. I wonder whether there's a regional difference because the Plunged Orange Pale isn't in your picture but they sell it here. I like it - it's what I think of as a fun beer.

They had the Plunged Orange but I didn't both as I'm not a huge fan of orangey flavoured stuff. Sounds like it might be worth a try though.

Them Belgians. They're not bad at beer innit

IMG_20180812_143717.jpg

I love this! On the cusp of vinegar sour but holding it right at the edge of fruity, cherry maybe

Lush

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Had this a while ago, was fab... So Included it in a box of fruit and sours that has just turned up from Beerwulf... Will have to exercise some restrain...
Good to find a complex sour like this.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
They say salty foods and beer go together... Currently supping my beer and munching on half a leftover knor chicken stock pot... Can't remember the ad punchline but I'm sure it's something like 'because I'm worth it'

simonali

Guru
Belhaven wee heavy as part of a Lidl special at 6 beers for £8.99...

I was drinking a Belhaven beer in Savannah, Georgia and said to the barmaid I'd had the beer before. Before I could finish, she interrupted with "Let me guess, it was in Scotland, right?" in her most exasperated voice, like she'd heard my story a million times. She then walked off without waiting for my answer. And she was right, goddammit!

Top Bottom