Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
IMG_20180814_195428543.jpg

Cronx Entire Porter, with am extremely healthy supper. And a fine view over a Croydon development plot.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Good old Croydon!:okay:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Looking at the brewers at the craft beer feast coming up in Deptford on the Bank Holiday weekend, I note that listed guest brewers include:
One Mile End
Two Tribes

Fourpure
Five Points

7 Bro7hers Brewery
8 Wired (NZBC).

Luckily, Brew By Numbers are also coming so I can ask them why Three Sods aren't coming and who the missing 6th are. (Obviously, Nine Pin aren't coming because they make cider.)

Meanwhile, a ELB (East London Brewery) Cowcatcher - a very gentle and drinkable American Pale Ale and a Thornbridge Wye. I'd been forced out of the flat because of some exceptionally antisocial behaviour and managed to leave without phone or glasses so I missed the small print on the pump telling...er... well, not me, obviously, that it was a Cucumber Pale Ale. I spent ages trying to identify the source of the floral flavours without success and it was only when I got home I discovered that the floral bit was hops contaminated by cucumber. Wye? Why, oh why, more like

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Bowen Island Artisan IPA. It could be yellower but it's not too bad really.
P1030580.JPG

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Sam Smith's, of all brewers, producing a fruity number? Having passed Peak Hop some time ago I think we're close to Peak Fruit. Shortly to come: Malt makes a comeback.

The brewery has done the cherry beer for a very long time and was always popular. Just a lot of places that sold their stuff didn't sell it.

I would have had some this month myself but the offy sold out of cherry beer.

kapelmuur

Veteran
I'm very old fashioned and want my beer to taste of hops.

Has anyone mentioned 'Swiss Hill' IPA from the Cheshire Brewhouse? (I can't be arsed reading through 1500+ pages to check).

It's bike appropriate as it celebrates the cobbled hill in Alderley Edge that Geraint Thomas used in training for the Belgian spring classics. It's a very good beer too.

Top Bottom