Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Sam Smith's, of all brewers, producing a fruity number? Having passed Peak Hop some time ago I think we're close to Peak Fruit. Shortly to come: Malt makes a comeback.

Not sure you’re right about that. I see more good than ever being used.

The coming trend though is increased use of enzymes: take a bow, Brut IPA.

(Edit: good = hops)

Last edited by a moderator:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I say Mr Cholmondeley-Warner, what's with all these beers with fruit in?;):reading:

IMG_20180816_222543960_LL.jpg

IMG_20180816_222445692_LL.jpg

:whistle:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I love their beers:okay:-the Crafty Baa in Windermere and Tweedies in Grasmere often have them. Incidentally I sampled a Vanilla Pale from Wander Beyond (Manchester) in Fell Penrith last Friday. Interesting but I'd say vanilla works better in a stout or porter...their Great Rift Milk Stout was very good though.:cheers:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yesterday's encounter...
P1000463.JPG

A Natural Selection from Good Chemistry. A good but over bitter pale.

Tonight brought me a Magic Rock High Wire
P1000466.JPG

Another pale, quite full bodied and nowhere near as bitter as the Natural Selection from yesterday. Preferabubble almost. A candlelit dinger.

Finally for this evening: Villages launched a new beer today, a Gecko.
P1000468.JPG
P1000468.JPG
P1000468.JPG

Well, at 2.25% I could have easily drunk three of this delightful little beer. Because ''Little Beer'' is what it's described as. So far, this little brewery have produced a number of very good beers but, their no-longer-available stout excepted, they're variations on the same basic theme. It's surprising that such a low alcohol beer can be so fully flavoured. They should have brewed this a couple of months earlier in the year and it would have been the prize of the summer.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Just been up the local..Woodfords Wherry on...:becool:

Pint of Wherry please..oh its just gone:cry: ffs so i had2 pints of not very nice.

That's all :sad:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Bike ride out to Buxton Brewery Tap tomorrow. Pretty excited, hope to get to try Yellow Belly Sundae

Pics tomoz providing I don't get too pissed (son #2 is picking me up to save me from trying to ride home)

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Just been up the local..Woodfords Wherry on...:becool:

Pint of Wherry please..oh its just gone:cry: ffs so i had2 pints of not very nice.

That's all :sad:

Symps:hugs:-haven't had that problem in a while, I usually go for Guinness if I'm really stuck.

Bike ride out to Buxton Brewery Tap tomorrow. Pretty excited, hope to get to try Yellow Belly Sundae

Pics tomoz providing I don't get too pissed (son #2 is picking me up to save me from trying to ride home)

I must go there sooner rather than later!:cheers:-if I do the Matlock Top 10 Sportive in October then I could fit it in with that.:reading:I'm on day 4 of a 9 day straight ATM:wacko:, but do have next Saturday off...ooohhh wait a minute, that's the day Hawkshead unveil the International Rainbow Project beers at the Beer Hall in Staveley:dance:.

Top Bottom