Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

So all the beer that’s been bottled from Brewdogs new Overworks brand - their sour/mixed fermentation stuff - has to be thrown away....

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/shattered-dreams

U

User169

Fist disappointment from Magic Rock this evening. Clowns vs Robots, an India Pale Lager. Couldn’t drink it. Funny biscuity flavour.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Phillips Short Wave West Coast Pale Ale.

P1030608.JPG

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Aimed cheap

Failed
My reading is the opposite - aimed for expensive bespoke and let down by a supplier. They've rescued some of the situation by going for cheap ordinary bottles and kegs .

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
A couple of pints of Enville Ale at the Himley floodlit cricket last night. About what you would pay in an upmarket pub around here so mustn't grumble. A nice golden Summer beer available all year round.

@Daddy Pig I left a couple of bottles for you with my folks. No Mucklows this time; shop didn't have any. Seem to recall you were leaving N Abbot? Drop me a PM.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I had a couple of cask beers from Vibrant Forest earlier in the week. The first, Pupa, had a rich tropical front and was rather lovely. A New Forest outfit. Good stuff that went off the second I recommended it to someone else. The second was a single hop Citra. Disappointing after the Pupa, I just retasted it tonight and decided that it was a jolly good beer. Coloured like a cloudy best, it gives a pretty intense citra flavour. Impressive little brewery, methinks.

And last night, a Bristol Beer Factory Milk Stout.
P1000484.JPG

A rich and creamy ''dessert'' beer. Not the lushest of lushes, but lush nonethelush.

I tried a couple more tonight, but that's another story.

Top Bottom