Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a fine beer, as is their New World IPA (both available at Morrisons).
And how much is it there?

Other highlights from the day

20180827_160656-COLLAGE.jpg

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
On a visit to a one-family two-brewery one-horse town.
IMG_20180827_131739875.jpg

The original Old Peculiar
IMG_20180827_143438343.jpg

Threedom triple-hopped pale, Special and Riggwelter (son of Old Pec...)

My parents' first foray into property ownership was in the town. Thanks to Norman Lamont, by the time I was of legal drinking age the mortgage had become unaffordable so we'd sold up - so I don't think I've ever had a proper draught pint of Old Pec before today.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Tonight, I seem to be majoring in stout. I've got an Impy Custard (Moncana - a Notting Hill bunch) on the go, a mere 10.4%, and a real dessert beer. Chocolate, coffee, vanilla. I'm not aware of any beer ice cream makers on the market but this would be an excellent sorbet ingredient. If you can get it to freeze....

Kicked off with a Wiper and True Milkshake Stout earlier, also rich and smooth, dark chocolate and a little vanilla with a far more modest 4.6% ABV.

And because it was one of the few cask beers at the Taproom, I had an Arbor Mosaic Pale. The mosaic grapefruit effect on very good form.
P1000535.JPG

colomba-corsican-witbier-wheat-beer-330ml-bottle_1.jpg

Corsican weissbeer... Bought two bottles, left one and a half bottles. It's like home brew Hoegaarden mixed with piss.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...

GM

Legendary Member
Good people of the beer thread...

...I am off to London in a week, arriving Sunday (but Euston's closed so anybody's guess when) and staying Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday on South Bank (near Tate Modern) and I want to take in some brewery taps and find some new crafty, modern beery places. Any advice appreciated.

ta

You could always try the Waterloo Tap, just round the corner from the South Bank. Been there a couple of times, gets very busy.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
On a visit to a one-family two-brewery one-horse town.
View attachment 427171
The original Old Peculiar
View attachment 427170
Threedom triple-hopped pale, Special and Riggwelter (son of Old Pec...)

My parents' first foray into property ownership was in the town. Thanks to Norman Lamont, by the time I was of legal drinking age the mortgage had become unaffordable so we'd sold up - so I don't think I've ever had a proper draught pint of Old Pec before today.

Ahhh, Old Peculiar...classic stuff-I've spotted it at the ODG in Langdale and the Dog & Gun in Keswick from time to time. I cracked open my Tiny Rebel Stay Puft Chocolate Marshmallow Imperial Porter t'other day...the Force is strong with this one!:addict::cheers:Having sampled the the regular chocolate Stay Puft in Tweedies a couple of weeks ago, I had high hopes for this one and I wasn't disappointed.

Top Bottom