Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A few days ago I left a can of one of my favourite beers of the year for my neighbour across the stairwell, along with a note.
P1000470.JPG

A few days later, he wrote on the back of the paper...
P1000472.JPG

Ah well, different strokes...
(It was a Fourpure Chocolate and Coconut Imperial Stout, now no longer available...)

I'm popping into M&S layer, anything good in the there just now? Beer that is, rather than pants or jumpers.

A few days ago I left a can of one of my favourite beers of the year for my neighbour across the stairwell, along with a note. View attachment 425603

A few days later, he wrote on the back of the paper...
View attachment 425604

Ah well, different strokes...
(It was a Fourpure Chocolate and Coconut Imperial Stout, now no longer available...)
You can choose your friends but you can't choose your neighborsn

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A hard 45 mile meandering ride to Buxton, a few beers and food, a lift home and a sleep on the sofa

Buxton Brewery Tap is good. It's a bit more genteel than the wonderfully rowdy Magic Rock but thats spa towns for you

Got there hungry and thirsty so quick pint of Grinlow which, at £3.60 was the cheapest they had. With the food had a pint of Axe X NEIPA which was bang on. Finished it off with a 1/3 of Yellow Belly which was remarkable. They have Yellow Belly Sundae next door in their sister pub...next time

IMG_20180818_124531.jpg

IMG_20180818_124420.jpg

IMG_20180818_134328.jpg

I'm popping into M&S layer, anything good in the there just now? Beer that is, rather than pants or jumpers.
I went for a pair of pants after all...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I once got stopped by the police and breathalysed coming away from a pub ( Queen Victoria?) in Saint Omer after a gig. They do like to stop foreign registration cars. After a lifetime in the UK and a couple of years in France, I've have 2 in each country. The litre bottle of Leffe was still safely stashed with the gear in the back. Catch up beer.... My general impression of Rhum, especially ''rhum agricole,'' is avoid it like the plague. It's rhuff!

Anyhow, I bagged a couple of cask Bedlam beers this evening, a Wilde (Grapefruit Pale Ale) - a good, fairly light beer but the grapefruit bit seemed too absent to play a role in the beer's description. Followed by an Amagansett APA - richer and stickier.

And while I tried to explain Bar Billiards to a Latino and a Swede, I resorted back to keg: Wantsum Ravening Wolf. It was, apparently, a New Zealand Pale Ale. Strong malts made it even stickier than the last. Drinkable but a bit strong for cycling home up Deptford High Street, because the drivers are always a bit random of a nighttime.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Poncy beer-with-dinner photo alert.

IMG_20180819_182953997.jpg

Firstchop SUP Session IPA. Disappointing. Not least because I was attempting to buy a stronger grapefruity affair with a similar label, and picked up the wrong can. Not much hop action, and a bit too much malt (considering there's nothing else going on to balance it). And the label design is unreadable. So basically best part of a fiver a pint for bog-standard piss-weak beer. Serves me right for being a Craft Beer Twat when I could have had a 500ml Proper Job from the supermarket over the road for about £1.70. Good salad, though, if I say it myself.

Had the Firstchop JAM Mango Pale. That was shite too - a slightly stronger version of the same thing, and nary a hint of mango. Firstchop are for the chop. Getting back on track with a trusty Basqueland/Magic Rock Chucker.
There's far too much shite on our shelves/fridges. Brew piss poor beer, give it a stupid name and some garish art work, Bob's your £3 a can uncle

Top Bottom