Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Visited the SW CAMRA pub of the year last night.... The Fleece at Hillesley.

A very nice pub with great ale & food on offer.

IMG_20181003_193520.jpg

IMG_20181003_193602.jpg

Great pint of Welsh Pale from the Glamorgan Brewing Co.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Visited the SW CAMRA pub of the year last night.... The Fleece at Hillesley.

A very nice pub with great ale & food on offer.

View attachment 432751
View attachment 432752

Great pint of Welsh Pale from the Glamorgan Brewing Co.
Do they bump up their prices so you can get a proper fleecing?

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Instead of Stoptober, I'm doing Hoptober:cheers::okay: and I got it off to a good start at the Euston Tap yesterday, with a pint of Hobson's Mild (eminently smooth and quaffable) and a half of Chorlton Lemon and Lavender Sour. That's the first time I've had lavender in a beer, but Chorlton have never disappointed me so far and it sounded interesting:reading:. It was! The lavender added a pleasing floral note without being overly obtrusive...join the Lavender Hill Mob today.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Instead of Stoptober, I'm doing Hoptober:cheers::okay: and I got it off to a good start at the Euston Tap yesterday, with a pint of Hobson's Mild (eminently smooth and quaffable) and a half of Chorlton Lemon and Lavender Sour. That's the first time I've had lavender in a beer, but Chorlton have never disappointed me so far and it sounded interesting:reading:. It was! The lavender added a pleasing floral note without being overly obtrusive...join the Lavender Hill Mob today.
I've had a few Chorlton sours this year. None of them have been strongly sour, they're a good deal more subtle than many other breweries' versions. They also used sage to good effect in their Blackberry and Sage sour, which I had back in August.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Anspach and Hobday have a tap takeover at the local and it's all Oktoberfest themed. Das Rauchbier is rich in smoked malt (though maybe less smoky than their old smoked brown ale). Good. Das German Session IPA - not quite a German name - is excellent and die berliner Weisse is a rather good sauer. It's far too early to be enjoying beer in my book but I did, nevertheless.

Peanut Butter Jelly Porter...Wierd

Really? Who'd have thunked it

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Alpine herbs
Those well-known Indian flavourings.

It hasn't taken long for "IPA" to lose any meaning it ever had. Only a few years ago it stood for a pale strong beer, that was probably extremely hoppy if it wasn't Greene King. Now, with black and red IPAs and this sort of low-ABV thing with added herbs, and all the fruit variations, it just means "beer".

U

User169

Those well-known Indian flavourings.

It hasn't taken long for "IPA" to lose any meaning it ever had. Only a few years ago it stood for a pale strong beer, that was probably extremely hoppy if it wasn't Greene King. Now, with black and red IPAs and this sort of low-ABV thing with added herbs, and all the fruit variations, it just means "beer".

I only take it to indicate a highly hopped beer these days. It used to mean bitterness too, but not so much anymore what with NEIPAs and 0 IBU IPAs.

Personally I think it should be a pale ale - black IPA is just daft.

On the whole though I’m enjoying all the new variants and it’s always a mistake to get to hung up on labels. “Saison” or “ grisette” anyone?

Top Bottom