Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

A stout I made ages ago which got infected. I binned most of the bottles, but kept a few to see what would happen. Dang, if this isn’t just great! Coffee and chocolate with a lovely savoury tang.

image.jpg

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Two colds in three weeks. The second one announced itself on Friday with a sore throat. Sadly, it put paid to us going to the Codsall Beer festival. Bummer. I felt a good bit better today so off to the pub. Good news! Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby on as a guest beer. Result!

image.jpeg

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Peanut Butter Jelly Porter...
View attachment 432901

Wierd... Jammy on the nose which comes across slightly sour in the mouth with peanut butter thrown in for good measure but reasonably subtly.

It seems to work well as a Porter. Those crazy Scots up at Fierce brewery...

Aye! They brew all sorts of crazy things North of The Wall!:ninja::cheers: Those Wildlings are crazeee...however they do some exceedingly fine (and Fyne) ales. I'm a man with a one Track mind at the moment (so much to drink in one lifetime). The Sonoma I'm currently on is one of my go to session beers and I'm definitely trying some Track Moab DIPA at some point -double or nothing!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhIOLM4_BdE

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A few weekend beers imbibed. A rather nice Lagunitas 12th of Never Ale. As it came from the US I'll call it an APA though it was actually quite bitter. The bitterness, however, did a good job of rounding the whole beer off.

A Wild Card Brewery, Queen of Spades IPA, also good.

A Villages Zinzan, described as a New Zealand Pale. I had a couple of cans earlier in the week and was disappointed but their keg was a completely different beer. Rich and fruity. And maybe it was the colour but it made me think it had a slight taste of orange juice to it.
P1000724.JPG
Anspach and Hobday's Das Schwartz was a good lager for someone who's not normally overkeen on the stuff. (Probably belongs in the category ''Lager shouldn't be that colour!''
P1000731.JPG

And, because it just came on as I was sitting there last night, a Brick Blackcurrant and Sumac Sour. I'm still no wiser as to what sumac tastes like - probably too subtle for my palate - but there was tons of blackcurrant to carry the day
P1000733.JPG

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I visited my sister in Mold in North Wales at the weekend. They have a gem of a place in the town

http://moldalehouse.co.uk/

I really liked this beer

DEB26A1E-876F-4E9D-B547-16BFC48B5938.jpeg

Brewed just down the road in Flint. A very light and tasty ale with a smoky taste at the back of it. £3.30 a pint!

They also do beers by Hafod brewery that’s brewed in Mold.

I now follow them on social media, they regularly get different beers in.

They also do 2 pint carry out cartons.

If you’re in Mold I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Last edited:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
£5.30 a pint for ordinary Weissbier? And you chose it over the delectable and unusual Duchesses? Crumbs.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I visited my sister in Mold in North Wales at the weekend. They have a gem of a place in the town

http://moldalehouse.co.uk/

I really liked this beer

View attachment 433267
Brewed just down the road in Flint. A very light and tasty ale with a smoky taste at the back of it. £3.30 a pint!

They also do beers by Hafod brewery that’s brewed in Mold.

I now follow them on social media, they regularly get different beers in.

They also do 2 pint carry out cartons.

If you’re in Mold I can’t recommend it highly enough.
Any sign of Loka Polly while you were in Mold?
?format=1000w.jpg

Top Bottom