Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Well my Finnish SIL told me how to spell it so I'll blame her if it was wrong! Anyway, the Finnish saying for cheers sounds like 'Get Pissed' which I'm intending on doing...
Ooh heck, it's true, Laktoosi isn't a made up word! My anyway of the moment: I'm home again and I've got a couple of Antwerp beers in the fridge....here's the draught version...
P1010004.JPG

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I am sad to say that I gave up beer this year, finally and irrevocably. Unfortunately my genetic predisposition to gout caught up with me, and gout is painful enough that it's worth making some relatively less painful adjustments to avoid flare-ups. The good news is that it appears to be working and since I gave up drinking I have not had another flare-up. But I'm still sad.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Train beer. Rode to work today, but couldn’t face riding home. Check out the seatbelt my bike gets.

The beer is outta Bristol from LHG. It’s well worth checking out their brews.

View attachment 445477
I had an LHG beer last night but I was a little too drunk to appreciate it. I'll revisit it when the Taproom is less busy. Meanwhile, I'm having another Orange Juice Blues out of Crafty Devil because I like it, even though it tastes rather like a hopped orange juice.
IMG_20190105_193718.jpg

In other news, I had my first ever gruit last night. Aleffissionados will no doubt know that a gruit is a beer brewed without hops but I only learned that last night. Alex of Little Faith explained that to be as he readied the tap for its launch. Lots of foraged herbs and berries plus sage with wild yeast but altogether a bit too sweet for my taste. If I have to drink sweet alcohol, hopped mead seems to suit me better. That said, I've only ever had one hopped mead before...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I've just been converted to coffee-in-beer-other-than-stout, a category which previously merited the same level of scepticism as Black IPA. Gipsy Hill Percolator. A pint of boozy cold-brew with a clean finish. Hipstertastic! No photo of the beer itself as it looks horrific.

IMG_20190105_225049870.jpg

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Last beer in Helsinki yesterday evening... At the Teerenpeli micro brewery bar. They have a small operation above where you can watch them make small batches... Probably around a 2 barrel plant (there main brewery is elsewhere).
IMG_20190105_191956.jpg

Mokka Matti on the right, 7% stout made with coffee beans. Reasonable but not earth shaking. On the left, Talvi Olut which is a plum Porter. Good but not as good as Titanic! Served too cold as well, considering how perishing it was outside...

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I've just been converted to coffee-in-beer-other-than-stout, a category which previously merited the same level of scepticism as Black IPA. Gipsy Hill Percolator. A pint of boozy cold-brew with a clean finish. Hipstertastic! No photo of the beer itself as it looks horrific.

View attachment 445841
Hipstertastic...Chapeau! to you Sir:notworthy::bravo:. And speaking of Hipsters, there was a member of staff at Salt Horse in Auld Reekie last Saturday wearing a pastel pink sweater with green trousers (he also had an action movie Science Guy beard).:laugh::reading:

Last edited:
Top Bottom