Beer?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The very observant will notice an ant to the left of my pint. Rather appropriately, I'm drinking Little Creatures*.
IMG_20190516_184645.jpg

* I've actually seen a solitary ant on this same table before. As I'm in the Montague Arms, I've christened my drinking companion Monty. No idea where he's got to now though....

Edit: it's ok, he's back, he was just having a little run around...
IMG_20190516_190143.jpg

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Tonight's theme is Danish beer. The one in the middle is a Pressure Drop NEIPA called Play the Dane, recommended to me by Nathan in the bottle shop. The grey and red cans around it, given the imaginative respective titles Red and Grey are DIPAs from a Cloudwater and Dry and Bitter collaboration. D&B are a Danish brewery NE of Copenhagen.
IMG_20190518_200232.jpg

Skål!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
After an Anglo-Danish night, I'm now having an Anglo-Swedish afternoon. Now at London Calling Sweden sampling a Poppels' New England Pale. There's a NEIPA on the list but it'll look the same....
IMG_20190519_165611.jpg

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Is that Poacher's Choice under a new name?
It could be - Poacher's Choice isn't listed on their website any more and it looks like the marketing department have been busy updating the branding across the range:
https://www.badgerbeers.com/our-beers/cranborne-poacher/

Regardless of that it's a cracking beer and I'll keep an eye out for it again, although at 5.7% it's not a session ale. I wish I'd emptied the shelf of it yesterday.

Last edited:
Badger's The Cranborne Poacher, reduced to just 90p in Sainsbury's for no apparent reason.

Described as a rich and fruity ruby ale, which I'd agree with. Quite possibly the best bottle I've had in a good while and I can understand why it's a gold award winner.

View attachment 467130
I like this thread for lots of reasons but this is the main reason why.

I have tried to like the badger ales but just cant get on with them. I have even called into the brewery a couple of times on my way past just to make sure the shop bought stuff wasn't a little close to date or badly kept.

it goes to show that one mans idea of good doesn't mean another's. still, I do like the recommendations and trying the various beers showcased.

keep up the beer work :okay:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I like this thread for lots of reasons but this is the main reason why.

I have tried to like the badger ales but just cant get on with them. I have even called into the brewery a couple of times on my way past just to make sure the shop bought stuff wasn't a little close to date or badly kept.

it goes to show that one mans idea of good doesn't mean another's. still, I do like the recommendations and trying the various beers showcased.

keep up the beer work :okay:
If we all liked the same beer then there'd be only one beer to drink. Can't be having that.

Top Bottom