Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
California dreamin. West coast IPA from cross bay brewing Co. 5.7%. Really easy going pale ale, could get through a few of these after today, that's another story. + a big mistake. Gotta get back for the football tho,.

Attachments

• IMG_20190515_1756103.jpg
    IMG_20190515_1756103.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 10

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The very observant will notice an ant to the left of my pint. Rather appropriately, I'm drinking Little Creatures*.
IMG_20190516_184645.jpg

* I've actually seen a solitary ant on this same table before. As I'm in the Montague Arms, I've christened my drinking companion Monty. No idea where he's got to now though....

Edit: it's ok, he's back, he was just having a little run around...
IMG_20190516_190143.jpg

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
After an Anglo-Danish night, I'm now having an Anglo-Swedish afternoon. Now at London Calling Sweden sampling a Poppels' New England Pale. There's a NEIPA on the list but it'll look the same....
IMG_20190519_165611.jpg

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Is that Poacher's Choice under a new name?

It could be - Poacher's Choice isn't listed on their website any more and it looks like the marketing department have been busy updating the branding across the range:
https://www.badgerbeers.com/our-beers/cranborne-poacher/

Regardless of that it's a cracking beer and I'll keep an eye out for it again, although at 5.7% it's not a session ale. I wish I'd emptied the shelf of it yesterday.

Last edited:
Badger's The Cranborne Poacher, reduced to just 90p in Sainsbury's for no apparent reason.

Described as a rich and fruity ruby ale, which I'd agree with. Quite possibly the best bottle I've had in a good while and I can understand why it's a gold award winner.

View attachment 467130

I like this thread for lots of reasons but this is the main reason why.

I have tried to like the badger ales but just cant get on with them. I have even called into the brewery a couple of times on my way past just to make sure the shop bought stuff wasn't a little close to date or badly kept.

it goes to show that one mans idea of good doesn't mean another's. still, I do like the recommendations and trying the various beers showcased.

keep up the beer work :okay:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I like this thread for lots of reasons but this is the main reason why.

I have tried to like the badger ales but just cant get on with them. I have even called into the brewery a couple of times on my way past just to make sure the shop bought stuff wasn't a little close to date or badly kept.

it goes to show that one mans idea of good doesn't mean another's. still, I do like the recommendations and trying the various beers showcased.

keep up the beer work :okay:
If we all liked the same beer then there'd be only one beer to drink. Can't be having that.

Top Bottom