Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Belleville Fruit bowl IPA
IMG_20190707_194723558.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Mighty Oak Brewing's Cascade IPA. It's got that apple juice character to it.
IMG_20190707_202604777.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I just had a pint of Opengate IPA. I think that it was Guinness' craft wing. Ok. No picture but I did find myself wondering how long a whisky timer would take.....
View attachment 474818
They're two Bell's whisky bottles mounted end to end.
Reminds of the old gag about a bloke wanting his two dead pet monkeys stuffed. The taxidermist asks if he'd like them mounted and he says, "Thanks, but just holding hands would be nice"
It doesn't really, but hey ho...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Weird Beard Kweik Train to Busan. I've no idea where Busan is but maybe the beer will get me there.
IMG_20190710_194820648_HDR.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Doing my bit for the Northern Powerhouse (sic).

This is a banger. Heavy tropical aroma, Umbongo meets pine flavour, great bitter/sweet balance. Stuff like this is why Cloudwater is so highly rated.

View attachment 474927
I gather you can't buy the Powerhouse cans individually, you have to buy the collection in packs. This seems to apply to the wholesale trade as well because my local bottle shop couldn't source it. But the bar in which the photo in the previous post was taken has the Cloudwater collaboration on keg. 'Tis verily good.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
And for @rich p - a new place to visit when you're next in Ghent - Bar Beenhouwer - "Bar Butcher". The owner's father and grandfather were butchers and he usually has some decent cured porky stuff to munch on. More craft beer than trad Belgo stuff.
In November - salivating already!
First year me and the boy went, we ate at a tasting restaurant with matched beers in an ex-butchers shop which subsequently closed. This is a different place I guess. Are you living in Gent these days DP?

U

User169

In November - salivating already!
First year me and the boy went, we ate at a tasting restaurant with matched beers in an ex-butchers shop which subsequently closed. This is a different place I guess. Are you living in Gent these days DP?

This place opened last month. The prices are so low (relatively), I wonder if he's going to survive until November!

I work in Gent, so so am usually here 3 or 4 days of the week. See you in Nov - I've tickets for the second day.

Top Bottom