Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Enjoyed a couple of pints of Cooler Shaker - an "IPA milkshake" from Hebden Bridge's Vocation Brewery in the legendary Scarbrough Taps this afternoon.

Their website describes it as
Shake things up with this creamy IPA, brewed with lactose for a full-bodied and milky texture. Passionfruit and Mamey Sapote balance the sweetness of the lactose and give this brew an exotic finish

I got one to try given the description and it was so nice I had to have another.
It really is rather good.

This is also available in Tesco - although at £3 for a 440ml can I'll stick to drinking it in the pub.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I couldn't find an 11% Supreme Court Stout to celebrate with so I made do with an Indigo Tie-die Wolf T-shirt (Verdant and Temescal). It's a glorious one too, aniseed hints (though I gather it's cardamom) at the front and a lingering impression of having just swallowed a port.
IMG_20190924_204058689.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Abbot ale tonight

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Went to Huddersfield for a change...thanks to @MossCommuter for pub recommendations.

I didn't drink this but the name has taught me a new word

But I did have a couple of these and delish they were. Vocation is in Hebden Bridge and I drink their Life and Death a lot. This was even better

And a night out wouldn't be complete without something weird happening..we ended up upstairs in the pub function room dancing to Northern Soul classics with a bunch of old skool Huddersfield "keep the faith" types.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Talking of Northern Monk, I've got a Paper, Rock, Scissors on the go - it's a DIPA collaboration with Siren which I'm drinking at room temperature because there's no room in the fridge. It's super intense unchilled.

And I just had another Siren collaboration, this time with Copenhagen brewers Broaden & Build. Marginal Grains. They say they've used foraged spices but I know that they've been foraging in a local farmer's fennel field. Nice and aromatic though

Top Bottom