Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Enjoyed a couple of pints of Cooler Shaker - an "IPA milkshake" from Hebden Bridge's Vocation Brewery in the legendary Scarbrough Taps this afternoon.

Their website describes it as
Shake things up with this creamy IPA, brewed with lactose for a full-bodied and milky texture. Passionfruit and Mamey Sapote balance the sweetness of the lactose and give this brew an exotic finish

I got one to try given the description and it was so nice I had to have another.
It really is rather good.

This is also available in Tesco - although at £3 for a 440ml can I'll stick to drinking it in the pub.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I couldn't find an 11% Supreme Court Stout to celebrate with so I made do with an Indigo Tie-die Wolf T-shirt (Verdant and Temescal). It's a glorious one too, aniseed hints (though I gather it's cardamom) at the front and a lingering impression of having just swallowed a port.
IMG_20190924_204058689.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
This is also available in Tesco - although at £3 for a 440ml can I'll stick to drinking it in the pub.
That pricing is ridiculous. Tesco stock other Vocation beers such as the excellent Life & Death at £9 for 8 x 330ml cans (which works out as cheap Tesco's rather more ordinary bottled beer range, even on multibuy)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Abbot ale tonight

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Went to Huddersfield for a change...thanks to @MossCommuter for pub recommendations.

I didn't drink this but the name has taught me a new word

But I did have a couple of these and delish they were. Vocation is in Hebden Bridge and I drink their Life and Death a lot. This was even better

And a night out wouldn't be complete without something weird happening..we ended up upstairs in the pub function room dancing to Northern Soul classics with a bunch of old skool Huddersfield "keep the faith" types.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Talking of Northern Monk, I've got a Paper, Rock, Scissors on the go - it's a DIPA collaboration with Siren which I'm drinking at room temperature because there's no room in the fridge. It's super intense unchilled.

And I just had another Siren collaboration, this time with Copenhagen brewers Broaden & Build. Marginal Grains. They say they've used foraged spices but I know that they've been foraging in a local farmer's fennel field. Nice and aromatic though

Top Bottom