Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've just had a look at their website, and as is normally the case it's cheaper to buy some of it from a supermarket than it is direct from the brewery, I'll never understand how that's possible.
I guess they cut their margins and make the money back with volume, and indirectly from getting their brand better known. I'm not sure how it sits with the small craft brewery ethos though.

Fergs

Guru
DF1DFCE6-4A43-4156-972B-AD9D5FA1BBC9.jpeg

An appropriately-named dunkelbock to see in the new year.
HNY everyone! 🍻

stephec

Legendary Member
I've just had a look at their website, and as is normally the case it's cheaper to buy some of it from a supermarket than it is direct from the brewery, I'll never understand how that's possible.
The bit I don't understand is that the can must cost the same to produce no matter who they sell it to.
Socheaper
Let's say it's a pound, so they sell it to the supermarket for £1.50, then they knock it out for £3.00.

If the brewer does it for £2.25, then adds postage on which makes it £2.60 they are still cheaper, unless there's other factors going on that I'm not aware of.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm back in the land of beer and sausage tonight.

One of the hotels I stop at over there has Veltins on draught and its absolutely lovely, the other place I stay at has Gilde and Krombacker. I remember the first time I got bladdered on Krombacker and woke up the next morning without the slightest trace of a hangover, I don't know if that's a good thing or not. :laugh:

stephec

Legendary Member
Enjoying this tonight, part of a mixed case, it’s very good.

View attachment 624830
A few night ago when I was in Morrison's they were selling 12 packs of that for a tenner.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Just to beat @stephec to the punch for once on the Beerwulf advent calendar (and I promise I'll leave Christmas eve to you Stephec! 😊), I'm tasting this one then I'll bow out.

Sylvanus Blonde Abbey beer from Brasserie Mont Blanc. 6.9%, strong, trappist style almost, and I have to say, really delicious. Best beer in the box, for me.
View attachment 623348

A chap who goes for the proper Belgian beer glasses I see, albeit repurposed as the closest match on this occasion. I too like Karmelite !

Top Bottom