Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Siren with a Haunted House. 13.5% of cocoanut and chocolate. It wouldn't be Christmas without it

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Another one from the calendar, I'm not too sure about this one.

You can taste the hops but there's something else going on that I can't quite make out, still it's going down the hatch.
I've never got the hang of red ales. But, curious, I looked up untappd and the only one who wasn't a simple ''Tarquin is drinking a Raptu Rouse at the Sucking Puffin'' style post on the first page was this:

Kruidig en fruitig. Mooie mouten, subtiel bittertje en een tikkie Rogge. Verrassend lekkere Red IPA. Meer een Red Ale

There's a few things there that I can't quite make out too! I get fruity and guess mouten is close to hoppy, subtle bitterness, more red ale than the label's ''Red IPA.''

Kruidig en fruitig. Mooie mouten, subtiel bittertje en een tikkie Rogge. Verrassend lekkere Red IPA. Meer een Red Ale

There's a few things there that I can't quite make out too! I get fruity and guess mouten is close to hoppy, subtle bitterness, more red ale than the label's ''Red IPA.''

'Spicy and fruity. Beautiful malts, subtle bitterness and a touch of rye. Surprisingly tasty Red IPA. More of a Red Ale.'

So you got close!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Static Charge, a mixed fermentation blended saison, sour grapes from Siren. Full bodied but not the prettiest of beers.

stephec

Legendary Member
More from the advent calendar.

I've never had an Italian blonde before, rather like a watered down Belgian blonde and very nice.

The Stone is very well named, smashes you in the face with flavour, and you can taste all of the 7.7%

Holland & Barrett sell strips of dried banana compressed into a block @KnittyNorah - I do buy that occasionally. Love to cut them up into pieces and then suck them like sweets.
Thanks for that recommendation - next time I'm in town I'll have a look in H & B for them. When I was in New Caledonia I used to have banana jam (looks disgusting, tastes divine) on a chunk of proper, very fresh, very French, baguette for my breakfast ... oh happy days!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Just to beat @stephec to the punch for once on the Beerwulf advent calendar (and I promise I'll leave Christmas eve to you Stephec! 😊), I'm tasting this one then I'll bow out.

Sylvanus Blonde Abbey beer from Brasserie Mont Blanc. 6.9%, strong, trappist style almost, and I have to say, really delicious. Best beer in the box, for me.
20211223_203636.jpg

stephec

Legendary Member
Just to beat @stephec to the punch for once on the Beerwulf advent calendar (and I promise I'll leave Christmas eve to you Stephec! 😊), I'm tasting this one then I'll bow out.

Sylvanus Blonde Abbey beer from Brasserie Mont Blanc. 6.9%, strong, trappist style almost, and I have to say, really delicious. Best beer in the box, for me.
View attachment 623348
That's jumping the gun a bit, although I actually had that one last night, I'm not normally a fan of blonds but that one was rather tasty.

Mrs Stephec decided to break up the box and empty the contents out so my excuse is that I didn't know what date it was from. 😉

The calendar's been a bit blond/IPA top heavy for me, there's not been a lot of variety in it, only two porters which I'll be getting out of the fridge shortly. Considering the time of year I was hoping for maybe a bock, or a dark Belgian at least, if I remember correctly I think there was one French bitter which was quite tasty.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Mrs Stephec decided to break up the box and empty the contents out so my excuse is that I didn't know what date it was from. 😉

The calendar's been a bit blond/IPA top heavy for me, there's not been a lot of variety in it, only two porters which I'll be getting out of the fridge shortly. Considering the time of year I was hoping for maybe a bock, or a dark Belgian at least, if I remember correctly I think there was one French bitter which was quite tasty.

The Christmas eve one is a porter and there's been two already, but yes it's quite IPA heavy, that's the current fashion now though isn't it, hop heavy everything.
My box has been broken down already too, just the porter to leave out for "Father Christmas" and a Tripel Karmeliet in the fridge for Dad. 😊

Top Bottom