Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Playing catch up over the last week

6258C17D-6E06-4B83-B883-EBF74E92FFCB.jpeg

FD62D047-728C-4E83-B52F-A511F49056A3.jpeg

70CD860B-E104-47E9-8AAD-5D10CFDF0E7B.jpeg

Tenkaykev

Guru

A lovely surprise yesterday. An Advent Calendar containing 24 cans of various craft beers from the Edinburgh area 🍺
Edit: the box is perforated above each 330ml can for a “ lucky dip “ experience

Tenkaykev

Guru
Heading out for the inaugural Bournemouth Ale Trail tomorrow. Eight pubs in total all within reasonable walking distance. It runs over four days but I've only got tomorrow afternoon free so It'll have to be a half in most of them as my days of downing eight pints are a long long time ago 🍻

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Heading out for the inaugural Bournemouth Ale Trail tomorrow. Eight pubs in total all within reasonable walking distance. It runs over four days but I've only got tomorrow afternoon free so It'll have to be a half in most of them as my days of downing eight pints are a long long time ago 🍻

How did you get on ?
It's 72 hours since your orginial post...!!!

Tenkaykev

Guru
How did you get on ?
It's 72 hours since your orginial post...!!!
Sorry for not checking back sooner. It was excellent. Started off with a Pint instead of the half that I'd promised myself but sense prevailed and I managed to finish the Trail. Had a few conversations with the owners and heard some interesting stories of how they got started, there's a few that I'll definitively be going back to. Favourite Pub was Poole Hill Brewery, There's a small brewery at the back ( which I was given a tour of ), decor and staff were warm and welcoming and the gents loos were impeccable.

IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1830.JPG

albal

Guru
Did it include the town's best? Firkin shed?

albal

Guru
Sorry for not checking back sooner. It was excellent. Started off with a Pint instead of the half that I'd promised myself but sense prevailed and I managed to finish the Trail. Had a few conversations with the owners and heard some interesting stories of how they got started, there's a few that I'll definitively be going back to. Favourite Pub was Poole Hill Brewery, There's a small brewery at the back ( which I was given a tour of ), decor and staff were warm and welcoming and the gents loos were impeccable.

View attachment 618785

View attachment 618786

View attachment 618787
+ the tiny cinema

Tenkaykev

Guru
Did it include the town's best? Firkin shed?
No, unfortunately. Three Pubs near the square: Brass Haus, The Stable and Belgium and Blues, then up around the Triangle: Four Horsemen, Brewhouse and Kitchen, Goat and Tricycle, Poole Hill Brewery and the Tipsy Cow. The Tipsy Cow was meant to be open but no sign of activity despite a couple of visits back to check. We had an extra beer at Poole Hill Brewery to compensate. There was a ninth venue listed on the map, PRC Taxi cabs, a good bit of thinking by the organisers.

albal

Guru
No, unfortunately. Three Pubs near the square: Brass Haus, The Stable and Belgium and Blues, then up around the Triangle: Four Horsemen, Brewhouse and Kitchen, Goat and Tricycle, Poole Hill Brewery and the Tipsy Cow. The Tipsy Cow was meant to be open but no sign of activity despite a couple of visits back to check. We had an extra beer at Poole Hill Brewery to compensate. There was a ninth venue listed on the map, PRC Taxi cabs, a good bit of thinking by the organisers.
Goat & tricycle great pub.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Goat & tricycle great pub.
I was pleasantly surprised by how full it was for 3 O'Clock-ish on a Friday afternoon. I did wonder if it was parents waiting to pick up their children from St Michaels opposite 😁
As you say a great pub, went to one of the ' Pint of Science " sessions there a few years ago. Hopefully next years sessions will be back to real venues and not virtual ones.

Top Bottom