Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
View attachment 617623
A lovely surprise yesterday. An Advent Calendar containing 24 cans of various craft beers from the Edinburgh area 🍺
Edit: the box is perforated above each 330ml can for a “ lucky dip “ experience
Ah I was wondering if anyone had an advent calendar! More pics please! 😋
I got the advent calendar from Beerwulf, it only arrived today so I've been able to open 3 in one evening. 🤭 Mainly low country beers I think, from the 3 I've pulled out so far. Two of them are strong, 8% or more.
20211203_185403.jpg

stephec

Legendary Member
Bellfield Halcyon Days porter.
View attachment 620489

Nord Bliss kveik brut IPA from the Brussels Beer Project.
View attachment 620490

And a Bacchus cherry kriek.
View attachment 620488
Have you got a Beerwulf advert calendar, that Nord was the first one out of mine, and the Bellfield was a few days later?

I ordered my calendar on 29/11, then things went downhill when I got an email telling me that it had been handed over to Yodel, followed by another email saying it had been damaged, it finally arrived on 09/12.

I've been that busy playing catch up that I haven't taken any photos. 😅

CanucksTraveller

Have you got a Beerwulf advert calendar, that Nord was the first one out of mine, and the Bellfield was a few days later?

I ordered my calendar on 29/11, then things went downhill when I got an email telling me that it had been handed over to Yodel, followed by another email saying it had been damaged, it finally arrived on 09/12.

I've been that busy playing catch up that I haven't taken any photos. 😅
Yes I have the same one. Mostly nice so far, although the weissbier from a couple of days ago stank of brie! Mostly they're nice though.

Yeah I've been saving mine up for a few days at a time, 9 days is quite a delayed start, I bet you're wellied by now. ^_^

stephec

Legendary Member
Yes I have the same one. Mostly nice so far, although the weissbier from a couple of days ago stank of brie! Mostly they're nice though.

Yeah I've been saving mine up for a few days at a time, 9 days is quite a delayed start, I bet you're wellied by now. ^_^
Was that the one in the light green can, I still forced it down? 😊

The Nord is my favourite so far, but the blond with the dark blue label, can't remember the name, was a good one as well.

CanucksTraveller

Was that the one in the light green can, I still forced it down? 😊

The Nord is my favourite so far, but the blond with the dark blue label, can't remember the name, was a good one as well.
I think it was beige ish, but with green writing. Two cooks or two chefs brewery, something like that? Smelled so nasty, but it tasted okay according to my wife who stepped in to dispose of it for me.
Yeah I just had that dark blue one tonight, French blond beer, very nice.
The Italian one from today was really good as well, unfiltered and unpasteurised and in a little fat wine bottle! Different, nice style.

stephec

Legendary Member
I was very tempted to have a go at the Italian Pilsner, but disposed of these instead tonight.

The smoked was as bad as I thought it would be, I've had a smoked beer once in the past, and never wanted to repeat the experience.

The Bellfield was lovely, although it was slightly too sweet for my taste.

And I definitely saved the best till last, Creepy Kid, an 8% baltic porter that's absolutely top class.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
I was very tempted to have a go at the Italian Pilsner, but disposed of these instead tonight.

The smoked was as bad as I thought it would be, I've had a smoked beer once in the past, and never wanted to repeat the experience.

The Bellfield was lovely, although it was slightly too sweet for my taste.

And I definitely saved the best till last, Creepy Kid, an 8% baltic porter that's absolutely top class.

View attachment 621743

Frontaal have great art work on their cans. They recently launched a crowdfunding campaign to build a new brewery with a 5 million euro target!

stephec

Legendary Member
Another one from the calendar, I'm not too sure about this one.

You can taste the hops but there's something else going on that I can't quite make out, still it's going down the hatch.

Attachments

• IMG_20211215_210822.jpg
    IMG_20211215_210822.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom